+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prior International Student now applying for P.R

Isabel1108

Feb 22, 2007
hi everyone,
I am so glad that i found this forum because i have learned a lot by reading everyone's posts. I seek some advice: I came to canada in 2002 under a diplomatic visa. I earned my OAC (high school) and bachelor's degree (University of Toronto) in the meantime. My parents left in late 2005 and i had to apply for a student permit. I graduated in 2006 but having no Social Security number i could not find a job in the months they gave me after graduation. I had to come to Madrid where my parents now reside and i am now working here. I worked as a summer intern for two summers (about 6-7 months of full time work experience) in Canada and i work as a part-time recepcionist at my student residence. I speak fluently both official languages. I dont understand why they make it so difficult for someone my age, my qualifications and my education to stay in Canada! I am already integrated in the country, i have no danger of being a bad immigrant since i have already spent 5 years in the country!!
My question is: will my part-time employment in Canada count for applying? i am waiting until i have 1 year full time work experience but it would help to know if i can apply sooner.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Isabel1108 said:
hi everyone,
I am so glad that i found this forum because i have learned a lot by reading everyone's posts. I seek some advice: I came to canada in 2002 under a diplomatic visa. I earned my OAC (high school) and bachelor's degree (University of Toronto) in the meantime. My parents left in late 2005 and i had to apply for a student permit. I graduated in 2006 but having no Social Security number i could not find a job in the months they gave me after graduation. I had to come to Madrid where my parents now reside and i am now working here. I worked as a summer intern for two summers (about 6-7 months of full time work experience) in Canada and i work as a part-time recepcionist at my student residence. I speak fluently both official languages. I dont understand why they make it so difficult for someone my age, my qualifications and my education to stay in Canada! I am already integrated in the country, i have no danger of being a bad immigrant since i have already spent 5 years in the country!!
My question is: will my part-time employment in Canada count for applying? i am waiting until i have 1 year full time work experience but it would help to know if i can apply sooner.
Probably not since to be counted, the time has to be continuous and add up to a year, and the job must be in either A&B or O of the NOC codes. See: http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/welcome.shtml

PMM

aksafi

Feb 22, 2007
Saudi Arabia
Dear PMM,

If someone has entered Canada as a student, and after he has finished studying (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) he found a job there. When can he apply for PR as skilled worker? is it after he completes one year in the job? or he can apply right after he starts working? (since he might provide the employment contract as a proof of work period, which might be at least one or two years)

Thanks...