+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prior EE, can I apply for student visa?

saifmousa

Jul 20, 2022
Hi everyone,
hope you doing well

with high CRS cut-offs and no hope of getting LMIA jobs so I plan to withdraw my EE
and I already applied for some universities' admission
am I eligible to apply for the international student visa? after getting my letter of acceptance
age = 31
family = yes
fund = yes

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
hope you doing well

with high CRS cut-offs and no hope of getting LMIA jobs so I plan to withdraw my EE
and I already applied for some universities' admission
am I eligible to apply for the international student visa? after getting my letter of acceptance
age = 31
family = yes
fund = yes
Don’t know as getting study permit is based on career advancement (justify costs with higher pay/better job in your home country), education advancement (show that program builds on your education, so nothing below what you have), funds, ties to home country etc.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Don’t know as getting study permit is based on career advancement (justify costs with higher pay/better job in your home country), education advancement (show that program builds on your education, so nothing below what you have), funds, ties to home country etc.
I've read in some Judicial Review threads that VO's review if the applicant has or has had EE profiles, which they can use to argue that the applicant will not leave the country at the end of the study program. Is this true? Can EE profiles affect negatively a SP application?

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes previous or current EE applications can hurt chances of SP approval. It is hard to justify that you plan on returning to your home country if you have applied to immigrate to Canada. Would apply to a good quality college or university, preferably university, and select a program that makes sense based on your history.

Reactions: Geet7