+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal applicant travelling from different country.

Resh3989

Oct 24, 2018
Hi, I am the principal applicant and I am going to land in canada for the first time on PR. My husband is travelling from Muscat while me and my daughter are travelling from India, we are going to meet up at Abu Dhabi and travel together from there to Toronto. My question is will my husband face any issue at muscat immigration since I am the principal applicant.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I am the principal applicant and I am going to land in canada for the first time on PR. My husband is travelling from Muscat while me and my daughter are travelling from India, we are going to meet up at Abu Dhabi and travel together from there to Toronto. My question is will my husband face any issue at muscat immigration since I am the principal applicant.
Muscat immigration rules are different from those for Canada. Each of you must apply for Visa on Arrival for your stay in Muscat. As you have entry visas/immigrant visas for Canada, you are eligible for VOA for Oman.

But, your post is not clear. Do you intend to stay in Abu Dhabi (UAE) for a few days or Muscat (Oman)?

Resh3989

Oct 24, 2018
What’s i meant was we are travelling seperately, We are meeting up in Abu Dhabi, my husband is flying from Muscat, he works in Muscat,and I am flying out from India . We have the same connecting flight to Toronto , we are not going to stay in Abu Dhabi.

Will my husband be questioned at the Muscat immigration as to why the principal applicant is not travelling with him( principal applicant being Me) since it is our first landing in canada after getting Pr

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Will my husband be questioned at the Muscat immigration as to why the principal applicant is not travelling with him( principal applicant being Me) since it is our first landing in canada after getting Pr
Muscat immigration will only check if he has a valid visa for Canada. No other questions will be asked