+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

business___

Mar 16, 2019
Hey guys, I received my PPR (inland CEC).

Im confused, my dependents are Outland, do they need to wait for a separate PPR letter?

How does this work? IRCC emailed me and I let them know my details and situation.

They said the following:
==========================
Good day,

Your dependents and yourself cannot be landed through the Portal because your family members need also to be inside Canada.

Please write us back once all your family members are inside Canada.

Thank you

What does this mean? Can I not be virtually landed myself? How am I supposed to bring my dependents to Canada if they don’t have a PR? So frustrating!

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020

Im confused, my dependents are Outland, do they need to wait for a separate PPR letter?

How does this work? IRCC emailed me and I let them know my details and situation.

They said the following:
Good day,

Your dependents and yourself cannot be landed through the Portal because your family members need also to be inside Canada.

Thank you

What does this mean? Can I not be virtually landed myself? How am I supposed to bring my dependents to Canada if they don’t have a PR? So frustrating!
What is your VO ? if your inland you will not get PPR request ? What is your AOR

Maggie122

Aug 20, 2021

They said the following:
Good day,

Thank you

I think you can reply to ask IRCC if they can process your COPR first as you are inland

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019

They said the following:
Good day,

Thank you

@business___ That PPR is for your outland dependants and not for you. It must be on your name but if you read it it will be saying you and your dependents needs you submit passport and photos. If you are inland, you need to inform them that you live here and in that case your will get a portal details.

Reactions: Maggie122

Sampath000

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
I added mine on 26 march . No update since then
We both are on same boat I added on 16th March and on 25th March I recieved a message says confirming additional documents recieved and after that no message or anything I raised gcms notes on 29th July no answer yet and I called ircc 2weeks they said no officer assigned yet for my file

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Hello Everyone! I just got the below email from my representative.

Sharing a recent clarification from IRCC for persons travelling outside Canada at the end of their finalization of PR process.

Lately we have been receiving COPRs via online portal that is separately build for the issuance of COPR. With this, an applicant needs to confirm that he or she is physically present in Canada, as being present in Canada is mandatory for this process.

The applicant cannot choose how the COPR will be issued to him or her -- this will be decided by IRCC. If, for some reason, an applicant is invited to use the portal for the issuance of COPR then he or she must be present in Canada. This is the reason, IRCC is advising not to travel outside Canada at the end of the finalization process, as there is no guarantee that the process will be managed by the outside Canada office (the country the applicant is visiting). If the applicant is outside Canada and requests that the process be done from the country he or she is visiting, then it might add a few more months in the process.

Lately, the IRCC offices (inside and outside Canada) have been facing operational challenges to sort this as well as such other related issues where applicants have also applied for a TRV while PR is in the finalization process just to enter Canada to use the portal. This is causing enormous delays in process and refusals are taking place.

My take -- please avoid unwanted travelling.

Hope this helps.

Mann Gill

Jul 26, 2021
No, @kamran.shekh won't get it because I see in the signature that he is from 2020. There has been an interview somewhere from an immigration lawyer where she mentions that a lot of cases has been brought to her attention where applicants with outland dependents who applied after Feb 2021 have started to get their PR but not the applicants from 2019 and 2020 and she thinks that the rationale behind this is that IRCC knows that 2019 and 2020 applicants are already angry and in fact many of them have taken the litigation route and are in the process of suing the IRCC. So IRCC knows that they cannot calm them down and instead its better to process the new cases to avoid more people getting disgruntled. This is further supported by the fact that someone with internal IRCC sources recently revealed on Reddit or Quora that IRCC has recently hired hundreds of new assistants and put them specifically to process 2021 cases.
Wat they gonna do with us?

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Wat they gonna do with us?
Just be patient and wait for this corona situation to be normal and just pray that delta corona cases do not increase. You will eventually get it. They will slowly clear the backlog I hope it all gets sorted out within a year or two.