+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant in Canada - Dependent Outside Canada got his COPR

aakhlaque

Feb 17, 2024
The primary applicant is currently in Canada and has been waiting for the virtual landing since January 15, 2024. The dependent, on the other hand, is outside of Canada and received the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) on February 15, 2024, with the deadline to enter Canada being June 4, 2024. However, the dependent is unable to enter Canada until after the primary applicant's virtual landing. If the dependent's COPR expires before the primary applicant's virtual landing, and IRCC is unresponsive to queries, what should be the next step for the dependent or whom should they contact in this situation?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
IRCC process declares that they could not enter until the primary got their COPR, so if it expires before the primary, that's IRCC fault. They will have to re-issue the COPR at the embassy. June is a long way off to be honest, I'm pretty sure you will receive it before then. They may not be giving you information now, but thats what they will have to do if it expires.

ghazaal.asif

Nov 8, 2023
The primary applicant is currently in Canada and has been waiting for the virtual landing since January 15, 2024. The dependent, on the other hand, is outside of Canada and received the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) on February 15, 2024, with the deadline to enter Canada being June 4, 2024. However, the dependent is unable to enter Canada until after the primary applicant's virtual landing. If the dependent's COPR expires before the primary applicant's virtual landing, and IRCC is unresponsive to queries, what should be the next step for the dependent or whom should they contact in this situation?
Heyyy, not sure what is the process there but I have been waiting from 7th Nov and haven't gotten anything as of yet. My spouse has a visa up until the mid of april. If you get some info please update me as well, I will do the same. Thanks