+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant Eligibility Assessment

jcjcw

Nov 28, 2019
Hello,
Someone help me identify me and husband application please.
I am sponsor, passed my eligibility.
PA (husband) passed security, criminality, and medical. But eligibility assessment is still ongoing.
What does it mean and how long would it take.
Received a PFL July 29. Our 1 year mark is December 20. It looks like we are going to passed the 1 year marked :( very worried. I was hoping to be with my husband this Christmas....

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Once you receive a PFL, the processing times go pretty much out the window. There won’t be a set timeline any more. Why did you receive a PFL?

jcjcw

Nov 28, 2019
This is what it says in their email.

However, before a final decision is made regarding your eligibility, you are being provided with an opportunity to respond to these concerns within 30 days from the date of this letter.
Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy me that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Therefore, it is in your best interest to ensure that if you do make additional submissions, they are fulsome and address the above concern as completely as possible. This may include additional proof of relationship in the form of PSA marriage certificate, cards/letters, photographs, proof of financial support, proof of visits, e-mail exchanges, chat transcripts, detailed relationship timeline etc. which may support the development and bona fides of your relationship, or any other written documentation which have not been previously submitted.

We gave them everything. I don’t know what else to do. I also gave them my flight itinerary because I was going to visit him again this year which happened 3 weeks ago.

Jamesl112

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
This is what it says in their email.

However, before a final decision is made regarding your eligibility, you are being provided with an opportunity to respond to these concerns within 30 days from the date of this letter.
Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy me that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Therefore, it is in your best interest to ensure that if you do make additional submissions, they are fulsome and address the above concern as completely as possible. This may include additional proof of relationship in the form of PSA marriage certificate, cards/letters, photographs, proof of financial support, proof of visits, e-mail exchanges, chat transcripts, detailed relationship timeline etc. which may support the development and bona fides of your relationship, or any other written documentation which have not been previously submitted.

We gave them everything. I don’t know what else to do. I also gave them my flight itinerary because I was going to visit him again this year which happened 3 weeks ago.
Hi do you have kids together?