+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prince Edward Island Nominee Program - Skilled Worker Stream

vcn310

Jul 2, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am an UPEI( University of PEI) international graduate who has just received the Computer Science degree with a first-class standing. I have just received my Post-Graduare Work Permit. I am currently working full-time for my professor at UPEI as a research assistant with a 4-month contract. In September, he is going to renew the contract and offering me a permanent job as a research assistant/ sofware developer at UPEI Computer Science Lab.

However, the issue is that he could only offer me 6-month contracts because the limited funding from the government. After that 6 months, he will be making another 6-month contract of the same job title for me by requesting more funding from government and so on. His intention is to hire me full-time permanently, but he is only able to create consecutive 6-months contracts instead of a 2 year contract.

I am wondering if I am still able to apply for the PNP Skilled Worker Stream in this case. It requires "Have a full-time, long-term (i.e. permanent or minimum of 2 years) job offer from a Prince Edward Island employer":
gov.pe.ca/immigration/index.php3?number=1037606&lang=E

Thanks.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
You can try to ask your professor to write a letter on school letter head (with his signature and contact information) indicating that he will hire you permanently. Otherwise, you should look for another job as you are not qualified for PNP.