+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary NOC in profile for CEC

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hey,
I just wanted to know what does Primary noc mean in the profile for cec! Is it necessary to
Have 1 year full time experience from one noc job title or can I add another noc job to the profile. I read some place that you got to have 1 year full time job experience in a primary noc job and you can’t add two or more different jobs with different noc codes. Bare in mind these are all noc A B or O level.

I have recently completed 8 months working in a noc b job as a technician! And since the summer is coming more and more opportunities are opening in the construction field! So was wondering should I continue to stay in this company for next 4 month or can I switch to another job with a different noc code but under noc level A , B or O.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Yes you can claim accumulative experience under CEC, doesn't need to be single job for last 1 year. Then the primary NOC becomes one you are currently working in.

Keep in mind if the officer decides to verify, they will actually contact HR/manager who wrote you that experience letter. If he/she goes rogue they will delay or refuse PR if IRCC can't verify your experience.

Reactions: Max1010

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I read some place that you got to have 1 year full time job experience in a primary noc job and you can’t add two or more different jobs with different noc codes.

That is true for FSW, but not CEC.

I have recently completed 8 months working in a noc b job as a technician! And since the summer is coming more and more opportunities are opening in the construction field! So was wondering should I continue to stay in this company for next 4 month or can I switch to another job with a different noc code but under noc level A , B or O.

You can switch, if you are talking about in-Canada experience.

Reactions: Max1010

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Yes you can claim accumulative experience under CEC, doesn't need to be single job for last 1 year. Then the primary NOC becomes one you are currently working in.

Keep in mind if the officer decides to verify, they will actually contact HR/manager who wrote you that experience letter. If he/she goes rogue they will delay or refuse PR if IRCC can't verify your experience.
Thanks for the help!

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Yes! Presently in Canada on a three year work permit set to
Expire in September,2022!
Thanks for the help Jes

sadya

Mar 30, 2020
Hi all,
I was wondering is it ok if the primary NOC is different from NOC in pnp?
I have got my nomination on a NOC A but I also have 1 year of experience in a NOC B in Canada.
Can I put my NOC B as the primary? and if yes, then it means my language score should meet the NOC B requirement, right?

Kumara0608

Feb 18, 2021
I m stuck at primary noc for CEC. I have 3 year of administrative assistant from India NoC 1241 - B and in canadian as user support technician NoC 2282-B for 11 months ( jan 3rd 2020 - dec 3rd 2020 ) now currently working as food service supervisor . My score is 421 with current CEC score of 75 from last draw. I wanna secure the latest score before the next draw but i am confused at what to give for primary occupation ?

Anyone can guide me?

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Give your current occupation as your primary one since if your employed currently you have to put that as ur current work experience