+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous information stored?

alex266

Mar 20, 2014
I'm planning to study in Canada again. I previously studied in Canada as an international student from 2005 till 2009 and extended my permit until 2012 to begin a second degree. However, I have now lost the extension document which stated that I could stay in Canada as a student until 2012. I left Canada in Nov 2009, four months after the expiry of the original study permit due to homesickness issues (I completed the first degree, but came back without finishing the second one for which I had applied and got the extension). However, since I've now lost the document, will they reject my study permit this time around thinking I overstayed since I cannot produce any proof that I extended my permit? Do they have any records that will show them that I extended my study permit at that time, and therefore did not overstay?

Also, assuming they have the extension information stored with them, will it count against me that I extended my visa and then returned to my home country without finishing my program? Could they potentially reject my application this time due to that?

I am really worried about this. Any reply or help will be appreciated!