+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous employer owed me money and paid me on my now expired SIN

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
I posted about this in the family class sponsorship section as my Canadian boyfriend is sponsoring me but it was probably the wrong section for it, however I was in a bit of a panic and not thinking clearly! No one has been able to help with my query either, so hopefully someone here can.

My previous workplace owed me some money for hours worked before my IEC visa expired, and they ran it through payroll after the expiry date. Is this going to flag up when I submit my PR application (going via the outland common law sponsorship route)? I'm terrified I'm going to get in trouble. Should I include a letter or something explaining what happened? Am I worrying about nothing?

I extended my stay as a visitor for 12 months because I would be applying for PR. I am hoping to send my application in within the next couple of weeks, just waiting on my police check certificate.

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Woffles said:
I posted about this in the family class sponsorship section as my Canadian boyfriend is sponsoring me but it was probably the wrong section for it, however I was in a bit of a panic and not thinking clearly! No one has been able to help with my query either, so hopefully someone here can.

My previous workplace owed me some money for hours worked before my IEC visa expired, and they ran it through payroll after the expiry date. Is this going to flag up when I submit my PR application (going via the outland common law sponsorship route)? I'm terrified I'm going to get in trouble. Should I include a letter or something explaining what happened? Am I worrying about nothing?

I extended my stay as a visitor for 12 months because I would be applying for PR. I am hoping to send my application in within the next couple of weeks, just waiting on my police check certificate.

Thanks in advance.
1. No it won't.

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Thanks very much, I know I was completely over thinking the whole thing but I couldn't get it out of my head.

Really appreciate it, thanks again :)