+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prescription Required

lensky

Mar 8, 2023
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me,, i have my mother in law as Visitor,, she have a maintenance for high blood ,but only have it for 3 months. she will stay for 6 months,, do you know where can i get a prescription for her?

thanks

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me,, i have my mother in law as Visitor,, she have a maintenance for high blood ,but only have it for 3 months. she will stay for 6 months,, do you know where can i get a prescription for her?

thanks
Take her to a walk-in clinic, they can prescribe whatever she was on. Show them their current medication bottle.

Reactions: lensky

lensky

Mar 8, 2023
Take her to a walk-in clinic, they can prescribe whatever she was on. Show them their current medication bottle.
do you know how much would that be.. according to my insurance , its not covered,, her insurance is for 100K with pre existing and still not covered

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
do you know how much would that be.. according to my insurance , its not covered,, her insurance is for 100K with pre existing and still not covered
no. the medical office and pharmacy can run this stuff through your insurance and let you know how much you pay.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You probably purchased emergency health insurance for emergencies.
This is routine care . You go into a walk-in clinic, you’ll have to pay to see a Dr. Clinic won’t put it thru because if it gets declined they’ve then treated them for free .
What’s included or not included in the insurance?

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
It is anywhere from $50-$100 to visit a walk-in clinic as a non-insured visitor in Canada. You can also try online consultant with a physician in Canada. Depending on what your mother is taking to control hypertension they will prescribe a similar generic medication while she is in Canada.