+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prescription medication (outland application)

cananner

Mar 3, 2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
I'm applying outland for my husband's PR, so he will be a visitor when we enter QC next month. He has some extra prescription medication, but I'm not sure what to do when he needs more. Could he go to a clinic in QC with his current prescription and the doctor would prescribe him the same thing? Is that something a non-resident can do without insurance?

Thanks!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I'm applying outland for my husband's PR, so he will be a visitor when we enter QC next month. He has some extra prescription medication, but I'm not sure what to do when he needs more. Could he go to a clinic in QC with his current prescription and the doctor would prescribe him the same thing? Is that something a non-resident can do without insurance?

Thanks!
He can come with 90 days of his prescription medication, so do that first of all (make sure he travels with the prescription).

No, a doctor won't simply refill his prescription. You should buy him some form of private health insurance. Once he has that, he will have to go to the doctor, and be diagnosed and tested before the doctor writes a new prescription. The doctor will look at his previous history, so bring along any reports, tests, etc. from your home country. However, the new prescription will only be given once the doctor is satisfied that he actually needs it.