+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preparing for "final determination for PR interview"

gombo22

Nov 21, 2017
I have my COPR document, and have my appointment to get my PR card tomorrow, Thursday. The appointment letter described this as "your final determination for permanent residence interview". I assume the chances of anything going wrong are very low. But my journey to PR has been scary enough that I want to be 100% prepared and know what to possibly expect.

(Like some of you, I went through a period of thinking I wouldn't be able to stay in the country I love, where I've settled, (re)built a life and made dear friends. )

So, can you tell me anything about this interview that I need to know? What are any (non trivial) things they'll ask, and is there anything they're looking for they might possibly use to deny entry, if I've passed all the conditions for getting COPR (got offered it on the CEC)? Please help me prepare, and put my mind at rest!

Thanks so much,
T

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
>I have my COPR document, and have my appointment to get my PR card tomorrow,

It's the "landing process". Very straighforward, 15-30 minutes, the officer is supposed to make sure all info from your application is correct. Questions are mostly those printed on the CoPR, and others related to your app. Nothing tricky.
Bring all the documentation you used in your app, the officer can request to see them if he/she decides so.

You won't get the PR card on the spot. The officer will just sign your CoPR (and you're PR from that moment).