Preparing for Citizenship Application

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
If I apply without passport, I will definitely be providing a letter explaining why and I have my expired PR card since Dec2016 and my other passport (the one before my Dec2016 passport) because it was valid until 2013 so it counts in the 5 years they will be looking at. I can also present docs that can prove that I was in CA for the past 3 years such as copies of my pay stubs from Nov 2015 since I came back up to whenever I will submit my application in Nov2018. Credit card statements, what else, I mean anything that can prove that I was here straight esp during that gap from May2018 to Nov2018..

Do you think I should do that - provide unasked docs?
There are two "beliefs" here in this forum. I am a strong proponent of "do not submit anything you weren't asked for because it will only raise questions". There are poeple, though, who think it is OK or even good to submit additional information.

In short: I would say "definitely no", but be aware that a decent number of forum members wouldn't agree with me.

Reactions: vasvas and sns204

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
There are two "beliefs" here in this forum. I am a strong proponent of "do not submit anything you weren't asked for because it will only raise questions". There are poeple, though, who think it is OK or even good to submit additional information.

In short: I would say "definitely no", but be aware that a decent number of forum members wouldn't agree with me.
I'm also in this belief and would just go a little further to say for you to go ahead and compile any additional documents you think you might need, in case you're asked for it. Same when you go for the interview. If they haven't asked for extra documentation by then, take the documents with you, but don't bring it up or present anything unless asked for.

Reactions: vasvas and PHCA

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........

Ah! Totally agree.. Though I met with a consultant back in 2016 to inquire about my expiring PR card back then, she told me to provide as much documents that will prove that I have been inside Canada for two years, evidences that will show I was able to meet my RO for the renewal of PR card.

I really don't know.. I will definitely consult again with a lawyer or consultant before I submit my citizenship application..

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Ah! Totally agree.. Though I met with a consultant back in 2016 to inquire about my expiring PR card back then, she told me to provide as much documents that will prove that I have been inside Canada for two years, evidences that will show I was able to meet my RO for the renewal of PR card.

I really don't know.. I will definitely consult again with a lawyer or consultant before I submit my citizenship application..
Proving your residence for your PR card renewal is much different than citizenship. The citizenship application is much easier and most find they don't need to pay a lawyer to fill it out like they would have for the PR application.

Reactions: vasvas

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Proving your residence for your PR card renewal is much different than citizenship. The citizenship application is much easier and most find they don't need to pay a lawyer to fill it out like they would have for the PR application.
Why do you say it is much easier for citizenship application than PR? Just super worried about my situation. I mean I have expired PR card, expired passport, in my first 4 years as PR I was in breach of RO, but it's fixed now since I am almost 3 years back in Canada and immigration office let me in when I returned and landed back in Oct 2015.. Just worried that my application would cause so much problem or delay due to everything I just said

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
It’s freely available on the IRCC website and if you search the form I’m sure you’ll find several links to it.

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Hello everyone! Wow, time went by so fast - FINALLY!
In about a month, I will be submitting my application for citizenship. I will have 1095 days in Canada on October 30, 2018 and planning to send it on November 15, 2018. I have been living in Canada with no travel outside of the country as PR from October 30, 2015 up to present. My 5 year period will be November 15, 2013 to 2018 - correct? I was out of Canada from November 15, 2013 to October 30, 2015, so almost 2 years.

My questions are:
1. Is it normal or OK to be out of the country for the first 2 years of the 5 years? Meaning, is this going to be considered non-routine in your opinions?
2. Do you think this can possibly trigger RQ? Just curious..

Thank you so much in advance! Hope someone can help.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My question if being out of Canada in the first 2 years of the eligible 5 years will trigger non-routine application? And also trigger RQ?
Technically, it should not. 15 days buffer is not bad. I think you should be ok.