+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepared Sim & Bank Account.

raja1668

Feb 13, 2018
Hi,
Please suggest once arrive which Mobile sim is better for Calling low rate and Good cheap internet package. and Which Bank is better to open account which dont have any Monthy or yearly charges for account and credit card and to check account and transaction also free.

Thanks for your advise!

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Most major banks have 1st year free banking for new comers (or 300$ cash back which would pay for the monthly fee)
You can also look at Tangerine which is a no-frills bank but do not have any branches and all transactions are done online or phone.

Phone service providers are matter of choice Roger, Bell and Telus are the major ones. You can also look at their other brands such as Koodo or Public Mobile (prepaid)

Genosha

Oct 11, 2016
I recommend Freedom Mobile for the phone and CIBC for the bank. However as Xylene said, it really is a matter of personal preference.

I recommend Freedom Mobile because they offer a good amount of data for a low price. However, it includes free calls so if you want a package that does not include any calling or you will live outside a major city then you will need to go with one of the major players (Bell, Rogers, Fido, Telus, etc.).

Regarding banks, I recommend CIBC because it offered a credit card with a higher limit than other banks and slightly lower fees for newly arrived Canadian Immigrants. Right now I bank with Tangerine, but it was very difficult to open an account with them while I was still a newly arrived immigrant. If other things are important to you then you can research it yourself. The main banks are RBC, TD and Scotiabank.

If you want a little more of an idea of living in Canada check out MarkRonthego.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I recommend Freedom Mobile for the phone and CIBC for the bank. However as Xylene said, it really is a matter of personal preference.

I recommend Freedom Mobile because they offer a good amount of data for a low price. However, it includes free calls so if you want a package that does not include any calling or you will live outside a major city then you will need to go with one of the major players (Bell, Rogers, Fido, Telus, etc.).

Regarding banks, I recommend CIBC because it offered a credit card with a higher limit than other banks and slightly lower fees for newly arrived Canadian Immigrants. Right now I bank with Tangerine, but it was very difficult to open an account with them while I was still a newly arrived immigrant. If other things are important to you then you can research it yourself. The main banks are RBC, TD and Scotiabank.

If you want a little more of an idea of living in Canada check out MarkRonthego.
Beg to differ here on the credit card limit: it’s 2000 CAD for RBC customers whilst 1500 with CIBC.