+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepaid envelope (USA)

galore

Nov 29, 2017
I got the passport request wherein I must mail the Annex A form, a photocopy of my passport, and two photos of myself. My small town doesn't have a full UPS or Fedex offices (and USPS won't work from what I've read?), but they do have drop boxes that they can pick up mail at.

So! Can I create the prepaid envelope with online services and print it out? Does a regular sized envelope count, or does it need to be one of the larger yellow ones? Or would just a prepaid shipping label and no envelope suffice? I just stick the envelope in an envelope when I mail in the photocopy/annex right?

Sorry for all the questions! Thank you for your time!

galore

Nov 29, 2017
I went to USPS today to double check, and they said that as Canada uses a different post, they'd have no way of knowing if Canada can use USPS to return the mail or how much it'd cost, etc. So looks like FedEx or UPS are indeed the only options.

Anyone able to share experiences on what size envelopes to get? Mailing in general?

galore

Nov 29, 2017
I went to that UPS-authorized store to double check with them too, and they said they can't make labels originating from Canada there.

I tried making my own UPS labels online, created the account and entered the addresses, but got stuck when it asks for an account number. Googled that, and it said to get the account number from an invoice, but as I've done no transactions before, there are no invoices. Where else can I look?

How is it that this is the hardest part of the application for me, argh..

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I went to that UPS-authorized store to double check with them too, and they said they can't make labels originating from Canada there.

I tried making my own UPS labels online, created the account and entered the addresses, but got stuck when it asks for an account number. Googled that, and it said to get the account number from an invoice, but as I've done no transactions before, there are no invoices. Where else can I look?

How is it that this is the hardest part of the application for me, argh..
You may have to open an account with UPS or FedEX to be able to do that. Hopefully someone here will have some more experience with this particular process, but I know from my own FedEx account that it's possible for me to pre-write an envelope with my account details (or just put credit card number for billing) and enclose that. However, I did have to start an online account with FedEx to be able to do that.

galore

Nov 29, 2017
I tried with FedEx, and it was much easier than UPS! Got the labels made, so will be mailing it out in the coming days! Thanks so much!

galore

Nov 29, 2017
In case anyone else comes across having to DIY their mailings w/o any professionals to ask:

Yes you do need a commercial invoice.
Said invoice is to be attached to the outside of the envelope, not stuffed inside.

Fedex called me about another hiccup today while I was at work, but it's past their office hours so can't call them back until tomorrow. The voicemail they left was asking about the number of items I was mailing, so I suspect it's because I said on the invoice that I had 3 pieces of paper inside and I'm wondering if they interpreted that as 3 separate items being mailed.. will find out tomorrow I guess.

dipeshjhamb

Sep 13, 2018
I am also at same stage. I need to generate online self addressed label but i dont what information to put. I went to Fedex and created one time shipment label. Now i am stuck for below information.

Which FROM address you used, the one mentioned in PPR mail? I understand TO address is ours.

Then I am not sure which delivery method to choose, drop off, schedule pickup etc. Also Ship date is only coming for 2 days, i was told by Fedex that ship date will be changed later and continue.

It will be really helpful if you guys can guide me for this information.

Mani_1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
What is the option to be selected for Pickup in the self addressed return label from Canda to US ?
1) Use already scheduled pickup
2) Schedule Pickup
3) Drop off

I chose 1 but it was asking for a date (which I could not have know when CIC is ready to mail!).