+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preliminary Refusal for a study Permit

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello all I hope you are doing fine in regards of the PFL letter that I received 2 month ago I have replied to CIC with complete honestly and I have attached all relevenat documents in regards of my experience and character, the PFL stated that I will be banned for 5 years from entering Canada, today the reply came back and it was a Refusal
Quote, " 1.I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada and the end of your stay as of section 216(1),of the IPRR based on the purpose of the visit, and based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence"
"You are welcome to reapply of you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements."

What is the next step I truly believe that the CIC considered my unintentional mistake and instead of the 5 years ban he gave me a rejection as per section 216(1).
Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Alex
Considering if you have time and you can address those reasons, you can reapply. Good that they waived ban

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Never be down about this situation, i believe you can still achieve your happiness and dreams in other developed countries such as Australia or Europe. This life is very unfair, no one is saint . Everyone has past mistakes just that they were not caught . Be strong , have faith in yourself, be happy, do not let anyone take your happiness away because you couldn’t travel to certain country due to the past mistakes. Using myself as an example, if my country is good , I wouldn’t have worried myself moving to another person’s country. That’s life . Take care !!!,

The happy face

May 1, 2021
Never be down about this situation, i believe you can still achieve your happiness and dreams in other developed countries such as Australia or Europe. This life is very unfair, no one is saint . Everyone has past mistakes just that they were not caught . Be strong , have faith in yourself, be happy, do not let anyone take your happiness away because you couldn’t travel to certain country due to the past mistakes. Using myself as an example, if my country is good , I wouldn’t have worried myself moving to another person’s country. That’s life . Take care !!!,
Thank you for you beautiful words...

The happy face

May 1, 2021
Hello all it has been more than a year since I got my rejection for a study permit, two weeks ago I have requested the GCMS notes and the reply is the following:
"I have reviewed the application and the study plan does not appear reasonable, given the the client proposed studies and work experience. I note that the client proposed studies are not reasonable given on limited employment prospects in his country of resident. I am not satisfied that he will leave Canada, at the end of his visas duration.Also in the PFL response he stated he didnot intend to hide his domestic violence in the USA, however I am not satisfied with the purpose of his studies, Case refused accordingly, for future reference, a criminal conversion is required if a visas is to be issued on later stages"
Please I need your inputs on the above should I reapply again and what does it mean criminal conversion??
Thank u all for your support

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Canadian Criminal Equivalency (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=149&top=8) is what the notes refer to, as far as I know. You need to research and attach proof of what exactly the charge against you was, and what the equivalent charge is according to Canadian laws, regulations, and jurisdiction (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/). There maybe a difference, but I'm not a lawyer or an expert.

I would urge you to contact a competent lawyer and a RCIC certified immigration consultant in Canada, to figure out what you need to do. Gathering information on your offence 19 years ago and ensuring you file your application properly. Once you figure this out, then you need to address the second point raised in the GCMS notes, which is applying to the right program based on your past experience, and degrees.

This is a long road, and you need to do things by the book. The Five-Eyes Intelligence Alliance, monitors and shares information about applicants and residents of five countries (USA, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and Australia). This means that, even if you drop the idea of applying to Canada, and apply to any of the other countries, your past offence will still come to light, and it will be your responsibility to provide information on that, and demonstrate that you've rehabilitated.

Drop the agents in your home country and get yourself a competent Lawyer/RCIC consultant before you proceed. Good luck.

The happy face

May 1, 2021
Ramsatt, thank you very much for the above valuable information, frankly that's alot of work and alot of cost for hiring a lawyer etc...
I lost hope in ever coming to canada, or Australia as my past stupid mistake keep hunting me until my death bed.. :(..

Reactions: RamSatt