+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant wife

M877782m

May 16, 2018
Hello
I’m Lebanese citizen and my wife is pregnant and I was wondering if it’s possible for her to deliver in Canada and I will pay for all the expenses. I got used to live in Lebanon although the hard environment here but I would like my daughter to have an option in the future to chose where she’d like to stay.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your wife would need a visa to enter Canada. You would also be responsible for your child's cost. If it involves the NICU it could be in the hundreds of thousands. An Austrilian couple are paying back a million dollars.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
To add to Canuck78 apart from cost , as a visitor there is no guarantee on arrival that any visitor could get an authorised stay decided on entry long enough either to cover the period pre delivery or post delivery. In addition you need to account for the time required to get travel documentation for the baby post delivery to return to home country.

A visitor having a baby in Canada gains no automatic rights to stay in Canada beyond their authorised stay even though of course the baby will be a Canadian citizen.

Basically it is not as simple as coming to Canada having the baby and leaving again, there are other factors apart from costs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/persons-wishing-enter-canada-purpose-giving-birth.html

Last edited: