+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant Wife - Applying for Mother-in-law TRV

SANGLSO

Aug 28, 2019
Hi All,

This question might be asked multiple times already, so I spent around 2 hours by now to get the answer right but it seems people have mixed opinions about it. so I thought let's ask this one more time.

My question is :

Should we inform visa office that the reason for visit is pregnancy/delivery or should we keep it simple Family visit ?

Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

This question might be asked multiple times already, so I spent around 2 hours by now to get the answer right but it seems people have mixed opinions about it. so I thought let's ask this one more time.

My question is :

Should we inform visa office that the reason for visit is pregnancy/delivery or should we keep it simple Family visit ?

Please advise.
no it is not a good idea.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Hi All,

My question is :

Please advise.
That would be a sure rejection. It implies that your family is coming over to take care of the child, which can be construed as "working illegally".. Do not mention that in your application. Put the purpose of visit as spending time with family, and show travel duration of not more than 2-3 weeks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
oops, I thought his mean visiting an immediate relative who was pregnant.
I has to do with parents often specifying that they have come to take care of both the pregnant/postpartum wife and the baby or children. Most of that is considered working in Canada which visitors aren’t allowed to do. So for example you can’t say that you will be arriving to do the cleaning and cooking for your daughter who is in bed rest. That would be taking a job away from someone who can legally work in Canada as a cleaner. If you say you are only coming to visit for 2 weeks for the birth of your grandchild it is usually pretty evident that you will be staying longer especially if you are not working in your home country. Most do not book their plane tickets at the last minute because it is usually much more expensive and babies don’t usually come on their due date. It is very common for babies to arrive between 36-41 weeks. Would say that the mother is wanting to visit her daughter/family in Canada. Not sure if it is her first time visiting her in Canada but that is amore specific reason. Saying she wants to visit and see where her daughter is now living in person and not through a computer/o phone. Giving a more detailed itinerary of places they will visit is also a good idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: vtdat08

vtdat08

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
I has to do with parents often specifying that they have come to take care of both the pregnant/postpartum wife and the baby or children...Saying she wants to visit and see where her daughter is now living in person and not through a computer/o phone. Giving a more detailed itinerary of places they will visit is also a good idea.
Wow. Now I understand. Thank you canuck.