+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant while applying work permit

Wingk

Feb 22, 2018
Also be aware that if you do get a work permit you may not work long enough to get paid a percentage of your salary during maternity leave.
Yes. I understand. Thank you very much.
Just a guess, but live in caregiver for a family member........can't see too many employers going ahead with a WP for someone who could be off for 12+ month unless they are family.
No. Its not. But I think I have the skills they want and my qualifications have been accredited by the assessment centre in Canada.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Its an open work permit for spouse
If your spouse is in Canada on work or study permit and that qualifies you to apply for an open work permit, then you can do that and your pregnancy or job qualifications will be completely irrelevant.

The only basis of you getting the work permit is that your spouse qualifies for you to be eligible (so if he's working he must have certain skill classification of job), that's it.

AdexO

May 9, 2018
I'm really getting information here. Can one be pregnant while applying for a study permit visa. Like12weeks pregnant as a married person. Please I need your advice. Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm really getting information here. Can one be pregnant while applying for a study permit visa. Like12weeks pregnant as a married person. Please I need your advice. Thanks.
Sure. If a medical is required, it does include a chest x-ray.

Reactions: AdexO

Hanif12345

Oct 29, 2018
Hi guys
I have work permit and now i have to apply for open work permit of my wife and my wife is 3 month pregnant so can i apply or if i can apply how long does it takes plz help me guys
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys
I have work permit and now i have to apply for open work permit of my wife and my wife is 3 month pregnant so can i apply or if i can apply how long does it takes plz help me guys
Thanks
If you have a skilled job, she can apply for a work permit. She may need a medical, which requires an x-ray. If she chooses to defer the x-ray while pregnant, the work permit app will not be processed until after she gives birth and does the x-ray.