PREGNANT SICK AND NOBODY WANTS TO HELP ME

Fruityfull22

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am from the Netherlands and i am staying in Quebec and i applied extension to stay for another 6 months and it got accepted.
I am a thyroid patient and i still do not have health insurance here and i do not understand anything here because it is completely different from our system in the Netherlands.
I am 7 weeks pregnant and i am losing a lot of blood and i have severe cramping and other complaints, i went to the hospital cite de la sante in quebec and they told me i have to deposit 1000 dollars to get helped by a doctor!! I do not have that money! So i asked for another solution and she sent me to a clinic and when i arrived in that clinic there was only a nurse and they did not have an ultrasound and the woman gave me two other numbers of echo medic and imagix radiologie and i called them several times and nobody is picking up!!

I fear my baby is dead and i DO NOT GET ANY HELP!! I AM SO IN SHOCK!! IS THIS REALLY HOW IT WORKS IN THIS COUNTRY!!
WHAT DO I DO !!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE ANYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You should immediately look up and call your nearest Midwife office. Their services are free even for people here as visitors with no provincial health coverage.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if these will be any help:

Canadian Association of Midwives
59 Riverview
Montréal, Québec
H8R 3R9
CANADA
Phone: 514-807-3668
Fax: 514-738-0370
Email: admin at canadianmidwives.org

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where is your spouse? He is not going to help you?

Anyways, I don't think midwives can help you with controlling your thyroid disease. Better to get a doctor in Canada or the Netherlands. Furthermore, why don't your spouse and you move to Alberta? Once he is in AHCIP, he can add you (even if you are still a visitor) to the provincial health plan. Then you don't have to worry about the $1000 dollars to get a doctor/ultrasound in this country!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where is the father of this child? And why cant he do anything?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't any family or friends send you money? If not, try looking for more free clinics or try other hospitals. You can try Ontario too. That or go back to the Netherlands where I assume you are still insured and can get care.

I don't know how the system works in the Netherlands but I have moved between countries a couple of times and whenever you come to a new country, it is up to you to figure out how the system works and make sure that you are insured, if not through the public system, then privately.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
As sad as your story is, according to your comments, you are here since August 2014. Enough time to get things sorted, especially being pregnant and being a visitor only. I hope you get the help asap..

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Waar is baby's vader ?? ik ben ook van Holland en ik woont in Vancouver..

Fruityfull22

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PTJ said:
I don't know if these will be any help:

Canadian Association of Midwives
59 Riverview
Montréal, Québec
H8R 3R9
CANADA
Phone: 514-807-3668
Fax: 514-738-0370
Email: admin at canadianmidwives.org
I called them and i got voicemail.

Fruityfull22

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Where is your spouse? He is not going to help you?

Anyways, I don't think midwives can help you with controlling your thyroid disease. Better to get a doctor in Canada or the Netherlands. Furthermore, why don't your spouse and you move to Alberta? Once he is in AHCIP, he can add you (even if you are still a visitor) to the provincial health plan. Then you don't have to worry about the $1000 dollars to get a doctor/ultrasound in this country!
Ofcourse my fiance is helping me, i should have said nobody wants to help us!
My doctor visit yesterday coster 180 dollars and the ultrasound 120 dollars. For now i cannot marry my fiance because i need a form from the netherlands that i still did not receive. And as long as im not sponsored or citizen, i dont think im allowed under his health insurance. Meanwhile we cant keep paying these amounts of money because we just dont have it, there must be special help for people like me!?

Fruityfull22

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs Selim said:
Waar is baby's vader ?? ik ben ook van Holland en ik woont in Vancouver..
De babys vader is met mij maar hij is echt een caveman betreft alles want hij is al wat ouder en dit is zijn eerste kind, ik weet niet precies wat hij zou kunnen doen want het systeem hier is gewoon naar de kloten als je het mij vraagt. Ik heb letterlijk geen idee wat ik nu kan doen, al vind ik een gratis midwife, volgensmij kunnen zij geen echos maken en hoe zou het dan zitten als ik moet bevallen? Dat is geloof ik niet normaal duur.

I have been googling for a while now and i just cant find what i need, i have absolutely no clue where to continue. In the Netherlands the health insurance covers everything and they remind you when the next appointment is. Do they want me to never get checked and then deliver the baby when its time and call it a canadian? I disgusted by all this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Fruityfull22 said:
I called them and i got voicemail.
Did you leave a voicemail and also send an email? They will have fewer office hours the last two weeks of December due to the holidays.

As Leon said, your best bet for lowering the costs of your pregnancy and delivery is to work with a midwife.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Fruityfull22 said:
In the Netherlands the health insurance covers everything
Just to add - I would recommend that you forget about comparing your experiences in the Netherlands with Canada since this comparison is illogical. The reason why you have access to free health care in the Netherlands is because you are a citizen or resident of that country. If you were a visitor to the Netherlands (like you are a visitor in Canada) you would not be covered by the health care system and would be forced to pay for everything out of your own pocket. Visitors to the Netherlands have to purchase insurance if they want to avoid paying for health care costs themselves. It's no different in Canada.