+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant! Need suggestions, please!

marikoi

May 14, 2015
Hi there,

First of all thank you for whoever is reading my post. The background story is that i am a japanese citizen who is living in canada and am getting married to my Canadian citizen husband January of next year. I plan to apply for my PR through my future husband's sponsorship(outbound) as soon as we get married but ive came across a big concern after i found out about my pregnancy. I know that i need to perform a full medical exam at some point after i apply for my PR, but im afraid i cannot take any x-ray due to my pregnancy until after i give birth next June. I was wondering, when does the immigration normally ask for a medical exam? Is it few months after i apply or after my application goes through? I am just worried that they will ask for my exam results before june and reject my application because i couldn't perform the medical exam.

Any information or suggestion would be appreciated, thank you so much in advance!

Mariko

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know they don't want you to take x Ray if you are pregnant during your medical test and they will ask you to finish rest of the medical test.
Hope this info helps

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

The medical needs to be included with the app.

Complete the medical. Inform the Panel Physician of the pregnancy and they will give you a deferral form to complete the X-ray after the birth.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Will you have access to provincial healthcare or private insurance for the pregnancy costs and birth? Depending on the province you live in you may have different options.

jb1989

Oct 13, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
DM 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016 PR CARD ARRIVED: 27-05-2016
Also consider that xrays aren't recommended during pregnancy but the risks are very minimal when done in the second trimester. I personally did mine during my second trimester after lots of research and multiple medical opinions. I had a double lead apron over my abdomen and the radiation that could get through is equivalent to taking two long haul plane rides.
If it isn't a big deal for you to delay the application slightly and wait for the xray part of the medical them that's the best option, if delaying with cause more stress then that stress is more likely to cause damage to the baby so take that into consideration!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jb1989 said:
Also consider that xrays aren't recommended during pregnancy but the risks are very minimal when done in the second trimester. I personally did mine during my second trimester after lots of research and multiple medical opinions. I had a double lead apron over my abdomen and the radiation that could get through is equivalent to taking two long haul plane rides.
If it isn't a big deal for you to delay the application slightly and wait for the xray part of the medical them that's the best option, if delaying with cause more stress then that stress is more likely to cause damage to the baby so take that into consideration!
Some doctors may not allow it during pregnancy, even if you told them to go ahead with it during 2nd or last trimester. The x-rays are usually done on the chest. That's pretty close to the baby. It is sometimes also up the the doctor's decision to allow x-rays during pregnancy. As long as your life is not threatening and it is a volunteer exam, they may suggest to come back after the baby is born. They dont want any liabilities on their part if something did go wrong to the baby from x-ray exposure.

jb1989

Oct 13, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
DM 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016 PR CARD ARRIVED: 27-05-2016
screech339 said:
Some doctors may not allow it during pregnancy, even if you told them to go ahead with it during 2nd or last trimester. The x-rays are usually done on the chest. That's pretty close to the baby. It is sometimes also up the the doctor's decision to allow x-rays during pregnancy. As long as your life is not threatening and it is a volunteer exam, they may suggest to come back after the baby is born. They dont want any liabilities on their part if something did go wrong to the baby from x-ray exposure.
They had a huge stack of waivers at the reception desk when I got mine done and I had to sign, 3 others did the same while I was in the waiting room so it's quite common I think.