+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PREGNANT LIVE IN CAREGIVER NEEDED SOME HELP!!

Seth21

Jan 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

I just found out that im pregnant after I came back last week from vacation.
I'm under the live in caregiver program.
I arrived here last April 2013. My work permit will expire on April 2016.
I'm planning to apply for an open work permit and permanent residency this May or June.
Does my pregnancy will affect my application? The father is my common law and still at the Philippines along with our 2 year old daughter. How long will it take to process all of our papers?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - the pregnancy will not affect your ability to apply for PR.

Right now the processing time for applications is 39 months:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp

Seth21

Jan 29, 2015
No - the pregnancy will not affect your ability to apply for PR.

Right now the processing time for applications is 39 months:

Thank you so much!

Seth21

Jan 29, 2015
One more thing:

Am I qualified for the EI? My employer doesnt know yet that im pregant.. My due date is on September.. I hope by that time i already have the OWP.
What will happen to me if i got laid off? I dont have any relatives here that would look after my baby. Does this help to fasten the process of my husbands paper? Thank you so much! Any help would be highly appreciated!

So confused right now that im thinking about aborting the kid.

ttokki

May 28, 2012
Seth21 said:
One more thing:

Am I qualified for the EI? My employer doesnt know yet that im pregant.. My due date is on September.. I hope by that time i already have the OWP.
What will happen to me if i got laid off? I dont have any relatives here that would look after my baby. Does this help to fasten the process of my husbands paper? Thank you so much! Any help would be highly appreciated!

[/quote

---you can apply for ei (maternity and parental leave for upto 52 weeks in total.) as long as you accumulated atleast 600hrs.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/types/maternity_parental.shtml

---being pregnant and giving birth won't help with regards the processing time of your pr application... i got pregnant and gave birth last oct 2014 and upto now still waiting for pr. feb 2012 applicant under livein caregiver as well.

aborting the baby is your prerogative but just a friendly opinion... the baby is a blessing... *^^* won't give any harm on your pr application if that's your concern. for a bonus... if and only if your baby is born he/she is a canadian citizen... more advantage for the baby but it won't guarantee the approval of your pr and your dependants.

hope it helps. God bless. ♡

mainlee

Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011 Dec
Med's Request
2014 Sept
Med's Done....
2014 Oct
Interview........
2015 Jan27
Passport Req..
2015 Feb9
VISA ISSUED...
2015 Mar 18. On-hand Apr19
LANDED..........
soon!
Seth21 said:
One more thing:

Hi seth21, i hope you will choose life and keep your baby. For some amazing reason, applications for PR of LICP from 2013 and 2014 get their open workpermit and are approved for PR much quicker than those who applied for PR in 2009-2012. In fact, many 2013 applicants are already on the final phase of their application and some 2014 applicants have their PR already approved and have welcomed their families there in Canada. We are 2011 applicants and still waititng for passport request from the embassy. Have faith. You are just a couple of months away from getting an OWP, and your PR is not far in sight. Your baby is a blessing.

Remz

Mar 30, 2016
Hi this is the first time i go on this site. I have a big problem :( i just found out i am 5 weeks pregnant. My 2 years will be on aug. 2016. I told my employers about it and they advice me to terminate the baby. Im so pissed off of the idea they gave me. Im so worried. I am single but the father of the baby is willing to marry me. His status here is just like mine. I want to keep the baby but i dont know what to do. Please help me clear my mind.

Remz

Mar 30, 2016
What if they dont want me working with my employers already :( i wont finish my 2 years. Everything will be a mess

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Seth21 said:
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to apply for an open work permit and permanent residency this May or June.
Does my pregnancy will affect my application? The father is my common law and still at the Philippines along with our 2 year old daughter. How long will it take to process all of our papers?

Thank you!
Can you consider applying under the new caring for chilren pathway? The processing time is up to 6 months. Yes there are more requirements, but if you're eligible - it's worth it, especially in your case.

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Seth21 said:
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Hi Seth21, to answer your question, Your pregnancy wont affect your application. :)

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Seth21 said:
One more thing:

Yes you are qualified. EI maternity benefits are offered to biological mothers, including surrogate mothers, who "cannot work" because they are pregnant or have recently given birth. My advice is, get your newborn a passport ASAP so that you can bring him/her home to your partner, then come back to continue working. Make sure you have an OWP when you come back. Aborting the kid wont do anything good on you and your family.

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Remz said:
What if they dont want me working with my employers already :( i wont finish my 2 years. Everything will be a mess

Hi Remz, you have 4 years from the time you arrive here to complete your 24 months requirement for the LIC program. Do not abort the baby ( I am pro-life btw :) ). You can stop working and apply for EI while you are taking care of ypur baby, and let your bf provide for the finances. Or you can apply for ypur newborn passport and bring him/her home to ypur country where somebody could take care of the baby. Then, continue completing ypur program..

caribgal84

Feb 15, 2015
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
pr/owp
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
I don't know if the girls who are pregnant will see this as its been months since they posted.
I got my job offer then found out I was pregnant even before I got the annex from my employer. After I filed for my work permit i told my employer I was pregnant they said come to canada have the baby and we go from there. I did the medical while 6 months pregnant disclosed my pregnancy in the medical exam but still got approved for my visa. I came to canada 7 weeks before my child was due. I had her and now I am on an owp. I refused to let my child go and my employer saw that I could manage both my child and theirs. I am now waiting for my husband and 12 yr old to do their medical. my 12 yr ols has been to canada every school holiday and I have been home twice in the 2 yrs. this holiday she won't be going back so she will be an in canada pr applicant by the time visa office send medical. pls pls keep ur child. it's a blessing. u can get another job. I paid a little extra in rent for my child that's all

Roa08

Aug 21, 2017
Philippines
Category........
I don't know if the girls who are pregnant will see this as its been months since they posted.
I got my job offer then found out I was pregnant even before I got the annex from my employer. After I filed for my work permit i told my employer I was pregnant they said come to canada have the baby and we go from there. I did the medical while 6 months pregnant disclosed my pregnancy in the medical exam but still got approved for my visa. I came to canada 7 weeks before my child was due. I had her and now I am on an owp. I refused to let my child go and my employer saw that I could manage both my child and theirs. I am now waiting for my husband and 12 yr old to do their medical. my 12 yr ols has been to canada every school holiday and I have been home twice in the 2 yrs. this holiday she won't be going back so she will be an in canada pr applicant by the time visa office send medical. pls pls keep ur child. it's a blessing. u can get another job. I paid a little extra in rent for my child that's all
Hi,

My extra document ba n need pra ma approve ka s pag aapply. Kaka pasa lng ng employer ko ng LMIA ko tapos 3months n kong buntis. Patulong nman po pano ung process nyo please?