File Transfer...
june 2010
Med's Request
Sept.21, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.23, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb.1, 2012
Hi I am hiring a nanny from Philippines.we got a request for medical but she just found out she’s pregnant.did someone experience this and what is the chance of being approved?thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi I am hiring a nanny from Philippines.we got a request for medical but she just found out she’s pregnant.did someone experience this and what is the chance of being approved?thanks
If she has the x-ray done while pregnant, the processing will proceed. If not, the app will likely be refused, as I doubt they will hold a work permit app for that long.

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
She needs to consult a doctor. I know a friend where she put on double or triple lead shields, during the x-ray, to cover some of her body to protect the fetus.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I find it puzzling that you would still be going ahead with the work permit knowing you will only have childcare for less than 9 months. Could be much shorter if there are problems with her pregnancy. Would assume there may be some concerns about whether she is a true candidate for a live-in caregiver when she is already pregnant herself. Depending on the province she may not qualify for healthcare fo up to 3 months if she is approved.

Reactions: CitizenSoon

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I find it puzzling that you would still be going ahead with the work permit knowing you will only have childcare for less than 9 months. Could be much shorter if there are problems with her pregnancy. Would assume there may be some concerns about whether she is a true candidate for a live-in caregiver when she is already pregnant herself. Depending on the province she may not qualify for healthcare fo up to 3 months if she is approved.
They are likely going ahead because she is a family member and the purpose of the app is getting her to Canada, not childcare.

The app will not be refused because of her pregnancy.

vgatiwan

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 14 2010
Doc's Request.
june 30, 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
Med's Request
Sept.21, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.23, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb.1, 2012
Thanks for all your input.my answer to all of your doubts is that I had spent a lot for her application and was also devastated when i heard it but what can I do now?we are already in the middle of it.i work shifts and she would really be still a great help for our family as i need someone to stay with the kids in our house while we go to work or at work..we are here in Alberta so i think she’s covered from Day 1?thanks