+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant before landing?

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Do we need to inform CIC if one is pregnant before landing but after PPR? Planning to land while pregnant..

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
No, you do not need to report the pregnancy.
Tell your doctor once you register.
Good luck with the baby!
My COPR stated to update CIC for any changes in family structure including pregnancy. Could there be differences/ is it not standard that we need to report pregnancy?

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
My COPR stated to update CIC for any changes in family structure including pregnancy. Could there be differences/ is it not standard that we need to report pregnancy?

Do you mind if you post a snapshot of that request in COPR or can you copy paste the exact wordings please.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
It says change in your family composition no? As in AFTER a baby is born? I might end up in the same case so please share the snapshot

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
My bad. I took a long hard look at the accompanying document with the COPR. Pregnancy is not included, birth is though.

Here's the verbatim:
"Your visa is valid only if all family members (spouse, common-law partner, dependent son or daughter) have been declared and examined. You must therefore inform us of any change in your marital status in your family composition (marriage, common-law relationship, separation, divorce, birth of a child, adoption, death, etc.) BEFORE you leave for Canada."

My apologies for the panic.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
My bad. I took a long hard look at the accompanying document with the COPR. Pregnancy is not included, birth is though.

Here's the verbatim:
"Your visa is valid only if all family members (spouse, common-law partner, dependent son or daughter) have been declared and examined. You must therefore inform us of any change in your marital status in your family composition (marriage, common-law relationship, separation, divorce, birth of a child, adoption, death, etc.) BEFORE you leave for Canada."

great :) thanks!

Aug 4, 2017

Here's the verbatim:

Your question should have been whether canadian healthcare would cover your pregnancy expenses if you are to go into labor without your canadian health card prior to recieving your PR card as only then would you be able to have yourself a medical card made.

Reactions: jazzyapd

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Your question should have been whether canadian healthcare would cover your pregnancy expenses if you are to go into labor without your canadian health card prior to recieving your PR card as only then would you be able to have yourself a medical card made.
Indeed. For the first three months in Canada we're getting private insurance regardless of pregnancy or not. Like someone said on the forum you may break your leg while getting off of the plane. Better be protected than sorry

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we need to inform CIC if one is pregnant before landing but after PPR? Planning to land while pregnant..
Congratulations! Like the other posters said, no need to inform CIC of pregnancy after PPR once you are landing before the birth of the baby. However, be aware that if you are late term and won’t be landing prior to the beginning of your third trimester then you won’t be able to secure healthcare coverage for yourself to cover you for the delivery costs. This depends on where you are landing/residing as well. Ontario for example, requires that you are registered for the OHIP and residing in the province for at least 3 full months before the coverage kicks in. So make sure you plan your arrival with this in mind.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Congratulations! Like the other posters said, no need to inform CIC of pregnancy after PPR once you are landing before the birth of the baby. However, be aware that if you are late term and won’t be landing prior to the beginning of your third trimester then you won’t be able to secure healthcare coverage for yourself to cover you for the delivery costs. This depends on where you are landing/residing as well. Ontario for example, requires that you are registered for the OHIP and residing in the province for at least 3 full months before the coverage kicks in. So make sure you plan your arrival with this in mind.
Adding to jazzypad, gotta check with your doctor about flying restrictions if you're considering landing by late term

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Adding to jazzypad, gotta check with your doctor about flying restrictions if you're considering landing by late term
@hamgha
if we plan travelling after baby`s birth..so wat additional docs we would require..though we get VISA...do we have to add funds in POF for new baby??