+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant before going to Canada on an open work permit

always

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Clueless_rn,

I was in a work permit when I came in Canada too and I have colleague who have gotten their spouses already. We have learned that you could actually apply your husband under spousal open working permit to come with you. Your hubby could apply now and that way you both could come together.

clueless_rn

Jul 24, 2008
Do I need to include a cover letter of some sort on top of my supporting documents when I lodge in my husband's application to the embassy? Thanks always..

tuesday100805

Apr 17, 2012
Hello everybody. I am a filipina who applied for a Canadian Working Visa as a live-in Caregiver. I had my medicals Last March 5th and was told my Visa will arrive in 3 months time if there will be no complications.

My employer informed me that he is not hiring me anymore but they will find a job for me when i'm there. My problem is, I got pregnant and i am 6 weeks on the way. I just discover this when my period didn't arrive 1st week of April.

What should I do? Will I be allowed entry to Canada? Will someone hire me there pregnant if I will be granted entry?

Please help me understand my situation. I don't want to lose this chance. I am married and have 4 daughters. I really need to go and work there for a living.

satish patel

Apr 17, 2012
BCguy said:
The reason many Filipinos move to Canada is precisely because employees have rights,Get used to that.Repeat after me.In Canada,I have rights from the moment I set foot in Canada,I am covered by the Canadian Charter of rights,In Canada I cannot be terminated for being pregnant,IF my employer terminates me after I arrive,It is illegal for him to force me to return to the Philippines If my visa is still valid,I just find another employer even in anothe province,It is illegal for me to pay placement fees to a Canadian Employment agency,If An employment agency forces me to pay placement fees,I simply report them and the goverment will help get my money back..Labor Tribunals are tending to be Pro Labor not management.That is why I left the Philippines to move to a better life in the True North strong and Free
Hello B.C. guy already one placement agency charged 1500$ from me for placement.(located in B.C).
Now where can i report them. still i dindt hear from them.
i would be thankful if u provides me link or hint.
thanks

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
What if you got pregnant while your working is still on process and not yet finish for medical? What would happen for my application?

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hi,
my Work permit wit LMO and my wife got open Work permit are in process and I will get it within a month,.
I realised that my wife is pregnant 6 weeks ..
I am worried if they will allow me to enter in canada or not ???
If my wife is pregnant would they allow to enter on open work permit ??

please please help

thanks a lot,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion181181 said:
Hi,
my Work permit wit LMO and my wife got open Work permit are in process and I will get it within a month,.
I realised that my wife is pregnant 6 weeks ..
I am worried if they will allow me to enter in canada or not ???
If my wife is pregnant would they allow to enter on open work permit ??

please please help

thanks a lot,
There's no problem entering on a work permit while pregnant. If she is only 6 weeks along, it's not like anybody will see it either. Upon arriving, you should get your health cards taken care of as soon as possible and your wife should try to find a job as soon as possible too. If she manages to put in at least 600 hours before going on maternity leave, she will be entitled to EI maternity / parental benefits.

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Leon,
Thanks a lot for such anice answer..

I am much worried and dont want to take any risk as,
currently I am in USA , can have my baby born in USA if I refuse my canadian employer to join the job.
I dont want to do this if its sure that we will get entry in canada.

if my wife is deported she will not be able to enter in USA and we will go back to INDIA, baby will born there,
so I will loose both the options..

any one else , PLease pls help me on this,
if any link or data pls share with me,
thanks a lot

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife will not be deported for being pregnant. If she was coming as a visitor around 7-8 months pregnant, immigration might ask if she is planning to deliver in Canada and how she will pay for it but she is not coming 7-8 months pregnant, she wont even be showing so they wont even ask and she is not coming as a visitor, she is coming on a work permit so she will be covered by health care.