+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant and moving to Canada

flicknev

Oct 24, 2014
I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and we have just started the process of immigration, My husband it buying a business in Edmonton, Alberta. What if any medical cover will I be able to get.

My previous children were delivered by C-section so I will have to have a c-section again. Can I get any cover or do we have to fit the full bill?
What will the bill be?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on your status and your husbands status. Is your husband a PR or citizen and is sponsoring you? If that is the case, it is possible that AB health will give you coverage even before you get your PR. Is your husband a temporary foreign worker or an international student? If he is, you could get an open work permit and you could get health care through that. Or if you can get a work permit or study permit, same thing. Otherwise, you'd have to wait for your PR.

I have heard something about a C-section being along the lines of 5-6000 but if there are complications, it could always be more.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he is on a skilled work permit and you are on a TRV or open work permit as his dependant, you will get health care too.