+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PREGNANT and LANDING..PMM please help

tinag

Sep 12, 2006
I live in US on H4 visa and I'm landing next week via Buffalo. I;m coming back to US after 1 day.We are planning to move to USA after 1year.

I'm pregnant and the pregnancy is visible. Will it cause any problems while landing and also at US border post while going back to USA.Please advice

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tinag said:
I live in US on H4 visa and I'm landing next week via Buffalo. I;m coming back to US after 1 day.We are planning to move to USA after 1year.

I'm pregnant and the pregnancy is visible. Will it cause any problems while landing and also at US border post while going back to USA.Please advice
It won't cause problems at landing, but you will have to return to Canada before you lose your PR to sponsor the child.

PMM

tinag

Sep 12, 2006
Thanks PMM.

In case If I return to Canada before the baby is born, How do I go with insurance/

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tinag said:
Thanks PMM.

In case If I return to Canada before the baby is born, How do I go with insurance/
All provinces except Alberta have a 3 month waiting period, so you would not be covered for the first 90 days. The baby would be covered from birth. Private insurers will not cover pre-exsisting conditions and pregnancy is one of them.

PMM

khaidrah

Nov 28, 2006
USA
I have one suggestion to you, may not be related to your question but still this is very important. If this is your first landing to canada after your visa issuance then make sure that you land in canada before you deliver the baby otherwise your immigration visa will be revoked as of mine. They asked me to apply with new fees a new application as my wife delivered a baby after the stamping of immigration visa.

tinag

Sep 12, 2006
PMM or Others

Please suggest a landing place near Buffalo, NY/ Niagara Falls, NY

I'm landing this friday into Canada

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tinag said:
PMM or Others

Please suggest a landing place near Buffalo, NY/ Niagara Falls, NY

I'm landing this friday into Canada

Thanks
1. NIAGARA FALLS
Queenston Lewiston Bridge

PMM

tinag

Sep 12, 2006
Thanks PMM of all the help

I'm landing at Queenstown-Lewinston bridge from Buffalo, NY

1)If I land and go back to USA in 2 days, will it cause any problem?

2)WHat should I say if the immigration officer asks me when will I return to Canada permenantly?

Should I say that I'm going back to USA in 2 days and will return to Canada after 1 year
(or)
Should I say that I'm moving now itself

3)I'm carrying minimal luggage with me.Will it cause any problem?

The reason why I'm asking these questions is that I have heard/read
from these forums that now a days immigration officers are questioning a lot during landing (probably intention to settle in Canada) and in some occurances denying the landing.

They also are not allowing to give friend's address for Canadian PR card.

Please advice