+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant and applying for permanent residency

alisonjayne89

May 22, 2014
I have my application for my PR under the CEC ready to be sent off to the CIC. However, as you can probably tell from the title im expecting a baby in the next few weeks.

My question is, should i wait to send off my application and add on my son to the application after he is born? My son will be born in Canada and will therefore become a Canadian Citizen straight away, so I dont know if i should wait. Also, i will have to wait for his birth certificate to come through the post and then apply for a passport before I send it off meaning that i wont be able to send off for about 8 more weeks.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
alisonjayne89 said:
I have my application for my PR under the CEC ready to be sent off to the CIC. However, as you can probably tell from the title im expecting a baby in the next few weeks.

My question is, should i wait to send off my application and add on my son to the application after he is born? My son will be born in Canada and will therefore become a Canadian Citizen straight away, so I dont know if i should wait. Also, i will have to wait for his birth certificate to come through the post and then apply for a passport before I send it off meaning that i wont be able to send off for about 8 more weeks.

You dont need to wait, Your son will become canadian citizen since he will be born in Canada. Lots of people who already have kids born in Canada sent application under cec and receive pr

orgchem

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
22-12-2013
ljiljka007 said:
You dont need to wait, Your son will become canadian citizen since he will be born in Canada. Lots of people who already have kids born in Canada sent application under cec and receive pr
You don't need to wait, however you should inform about your pregnancy to CIC. After birth you should send the birth certificate of new born.

simrankaur003

Sep 2, 2013
newborn becomes a Canadian citizen even if the parents have no status/pr status/work permit/visitor permit.

Apply CEC without telling them anything. later on down the road, when you receive medicals, RPRF and passport request, they will ask you if your family composition has changed.. obviously then you would mention it, but then too it wont too much of a difference as your son will be a Canadian citizen.. you can send them the birth certificate...

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
we were expecting when we applied for PR, i didn't notify CIC that we were but as soon as the baby was born & we received her birth certificate we emailed CIC & our file got updated right away ... so dont worry much .. just submit your application now & then as soon as you get the birth certificate email it to CIC & let them know about the arrival of your baby..

everything will be ok dont worry much :)

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App ECAS(In Process): 29-Apr-2014
Med's Request
30-Apr-2014 RPRF Request : 30-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
03-May-2014 Med's Uploaded: 08-May-2014 RPRF Paid ......: 08-May-2014 ECAS(Medicals):17-May-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2014 ECAS(Decision): 24-May-2014 VO Change Req: 26-May-2014 VO Change Email: 16-Jun-2014 PP(For Stamping): 17-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
alisonjayne89 said:

I recon, you should not wait. Please proceed with your application. Getting AOR is important. Later you can add or remove anyone to/from your application.

Best of luck to you..!

Hope it help.

Cheers