+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant after soft landing, now moving permanently

vbsvbs

Nov 6, 2017
Hi,

Here is the situation, we are done with soft landing and also received our PR cards. We are in USA and plan to move anytime to canada permanently(depending on visa here). We are pregnant and if we move we will be delivering in canada.

My question is we plan to move in few months with pregnancy and take private insurance till we deliver there, do we have to inform cic before moving permanently.

Also, will there be any issue at the border (flight/car) in terms of pregnancy.

Any information regarding private insurance will too be helpful.

Thanks...plss help

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi,

Here is the situation, we are done with soft landing and also received our PR cards. We are in USA and plan to move anytime to canada permanently(depending on visa here). We are pregnant and if we move we will be delivering in canada.

My question is we plan to move in few months with pregnancy and take private insurance till we deliver there, do we have to inform cic before moving permanently.

Also, will there be any issue at the border (flight/car) in terms of pregnancy.

Any information regarding private insurance will too be helpful.

Thanks...plss help
No, you dont need to inform CIC.

You wont find an insurance company that will cover any cists associated with pregnancy as you ARE actually pregnat, they will be excluded. Some Canadian provinces have no waiting period until you are covered, some (eg Ontario) do (for ON it us 3 months). If you are not covered by provinvial insuranc3, you will have to pay for everything as regards your pregnancy.

As regards flying, airline have their own policies on how kate in term tgey will fly a passrnger, you need to check with them. You xan come acriss in your own car anytime, your risk.

PS sorry about all the typos on my recent posting, using a screen keyboard on a tablet that I am not used to!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also provincial health insurances have their own residency requirements so people stay in the province they use medical care. Is some provinces you will have to pay for up to 3 monthd of care.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You should plan to move at least 3 months before the due date if moving to Ontario or other province with waiting period. I would do even earlier, considering that due date is just an approximate estimate. Actual birth can occur before that. You will have to bear any testing or other costs during the waiting period yourself (most private insurance policies will cover emergencies only).

From immigration perspective, you don't need to inform anybody because you have already become PRs and the child if born in Canada will become Canadian citizen. If the child is born outside, you will have to bring them on Visitor status and then sponsor for PR.