+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant after receiving COPR, due date before COPR expiry - self employed class applicant

hp_momusu

Apr 1, 2019
Would like to ask for suggestions...

I am a self-employed class applicant. Recently received my COPR, with expiry date on Mar 2021. However, I just knew that I am pregnant and the due date is Jan 2021. This is my second baby, and due to some reasons of my first delivery, my doctor advised me not to travel during the pregnancy. Therefore, I would inform IRCC about my new baby and include the baby in my application. I know it takes several months to get the new COPR and there is risk, but seems it is the only option for me.

I have 2 questions....
1. Do all economic streams have the same process for adding a new baby to the application? I saw some threads talking about it, but it seems like all of them are applying through express entry... but I am through self employed class...Will it take longer time to include the new baby?...Or will I be rejected to include the baby and the whole application be rejected too?

2. Should I inform IRCC my situation now? Or should I inform them in Jan 2020 after my baby is born?

Thank you so much!!

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. Should be the same.

2. After the baby is born, and you will be expected to have your baby's passport and birth certificate for the baby to accompany you to Canada

There is no point in informing them now, as the baby is not yet born, and the pandemic is putting a strain on resources. There should be no risk of your application being rejected by adding a baby.
Plus you are not expected to travel either with this whole mess. I'm sure your situation will be considered come January 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: hp_momusu

suresh320

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
It does not matter the stream you are in the process remain the same. Follow the general guidance on the website.
At this point you are just pregnant and cannot start any process at this point until the baby is born and birth registers.
You already got your COPR , but not landed as yet, Immigration will not reject your case at this point. However if your COPR expires and you do not land then you may be in problems.

I am no doctor, but I will seek second opinion on travel since it seem you are in the early stage of pregnancy.

Reactions: hp_momusu