+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PREGNANT AFTER ITA

ftfi

Apr 6, 2016
Hi experts,

I just encounter a big dilemma right now. I found out that I am 10 weeks pregnant( very happy about it) and also got ITA in this month. I am principal applicant. yesterday, I went for the medical check and immigration doctor told me that he could not submit my medical file if the X-RAY is not completed. I plan to defer to do the X-RAY since not sure if there are any negative effects on baby.

I am afraid that if my medical check is not submitted, CIC would not start to look at my other files, like job references, background check, etc....
Initially, I decide to do the X-RAY after baby is born( that would be after 7 months later) and medical check is officially completed, but at that time if CIC starts to process other files and think there are problems, they will reject my application directly.

Crying for any advises if someone has same situation before. :(

Thank you.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Congratulations! Unfortunately cic will just put your application on hold until you are able to produce an x-ray. You can still submit your application, but they won't touch it until they get the xray

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
ftfi said:
Hi experts,

I just encounter a big dilemma right now. I found out that I am 10 weeks pregnant( very happy about it) and also got ITA in this month. I am principal applicant. yesterday, I went for the medical check and immigration doctor told me that he could not submit my medical file if the X-RAY is not completed. I plan to defer to do the X-RAY since not sure if there are any negative effects on baby.

I am afraid that if my medical check is not submitted, CIC would not start to look at my other files, like job references, background check, etc....
Initially, I decide to do the X-RAY after baby is born( that would be after 7 months later) and medical check is officially completed, but at that time if CIC starts to process other files and think there are problems, they will reject my application directly.

Thank you.
Congrats

Also, what Kryt0n said.

Also amused at how you had to specify you're happy about it ;D

popolipo

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Nelson BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
?
NOC Code......
6332 (partner principal applicant)
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017, IMM5562E
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
3-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-06-2016, upfront
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
ftfi said:
Hi experts,

Thank you.
first congrats !

I was in your situation before. I just did the first part of medical and had a paper stating i was pregnant and will do the X-ray later. we sent our application and for personal reasons i didn't want to wait that long for our visa to be processed so i waited the 2nd trimester (after 12weeks) and decided to do the X-rays as "risks" are lower after the first trimester. When i went, i told the technician to be extra cautious because of the pregnancy and asked for the lead apron for my belly and asked hime to be as quick as possible. it literally only took a minute and the X-rays are only for the chest then with the lead apron the chances of radiations going on the belly are really small i believe.
i was a bit scared before and have read about it and to be honest the decision is up to you but i'm really healthy person eating organic homemade food not taking any kind of medications and had a natural home birth so i can tell you i'm taking care of myself and my baby but i decided the risks were so low and needed the pr to come asap. not there yet but pretty close i hope !
my son was born in january and is really healthy.

again it's your decision, this is just my experience. any other questions just pm me :)
good luck

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Congrats on your pregnancy. in the meanwhile, please work on extra funds for your baby who is yet to be born. you will have to show funds for a family of 3 or more if this is not your first child.

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
first congrats !

I was in your situation before. I just did the first part of medical and had a paper stating i was pregnant and will do the X-ray later. we sent our application and for personal reasons i didn't want to wait that long for our visa to be processed so i waited the 2nd trimester (after 12weeks) and decided to do the X-rays as "risks" are lower after the first trimester. When i went, i told the technician to be extra cautious because of the pregnancy and asked for the lead apron for my belly and asked hime to be as quick as possible. it literally only took a minute and the X-rays are only for the chest then with the lead apron the chances of radiations going on the belly are really small i believe.
i was a bit scared before and have read about it and to be honest the decision is up to you but i'm really healthy person eating organic homemade food not taking any kind of medications and had a natural home birth so i can tell you i'm taking care of myself and my baby but i decided the risks were so low and needed the pr to come asap. not there yet but pretty close i hope !
my son was born in january and is really healthy.

again it's your decision, this is just my experience. any other questions just pm me :)
good luck
so you are saying xrays in the 2nd trimester are less risky? We are planning to do our Xray post delivery (sometime mid november 2017). So I guess our file will be in pause till them :)