Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
An applicant is applying under home child care provider program. All documents have been submitted in July and she is just currently awaiting for medical request. She found out 2 days ago that she is about 6 weeks pregnant. Does anyone know how will this affect her application? Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
An applicant is applying under home child care provider program. All documents have been submitted in July and she is just currently awaiting for medical request. She found out 2 days ago that she is about 6 weeks pregnant. Does anyone know how will this affect her application? Thank you!
Either she does the x-ray so her app can be completed or she delays until after the birth.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Either she does the x-ray so her app can be completed or she delays until after the birth.
She's gonna go ahead with the xray.

We're just worried if they will deny her or put application on hold because of pregnancy..

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I agree with Canuck - wouldn't having her own newborn affect her ability to care for another child?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She's gonna go ahead with the xray.

We're just worried if they will deny her or put application on hold because of pregnancy..
The application cannot be denied because of the pregnancy and could only be put on hold if the x-ray had to be delayed.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
I agree with Canuck - wouldn't having her own newborn affect her ability to care for another child?
I am the employer.

Her husband will be accompanying her to Canada..

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
I'm just worried that it might be delayed since an IRCC consultant told me that IRCC wouldn't want her to deliver in Canada. I don't know if this is true.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm just worried that it might be delayed since an IRCC consultant told me that IRCC wouldn't want her to deliver in Canada. I don't know if this is true.
There may be concern about her ability to care for others children depending how far she is in her pregnancy. When you are hiring someone to care for your children you have to be concerned about whether your nanny will need to go on bed rest, need to go to many doctors appointments which means taking you child, may only be able to work for you for 6 months before going on maternity leave, etc. It isn’t an ideal situation for someone looking for full-time childcare. Are you related to this person?

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
There may be concern about her ability to care for others children depending how far she is in her pregnancy. When you are hiring someone to care for your children you have to be concerned about whether your nanny will need to go on bed rest, need to go to many doctors appointments which means taking you child, may only be able to work for you for 6 months before going on maternity leave, etc. It isn’t an ideal situation for someone looking for full-time childcare. Are you related to this person?
She's my cousin-in-law

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She's my cousin-in-law
In general it is always harder to get approval for family members because there was so much misuse of the program before. In most cases a family would be reluctant to hire a caregiver who is already pregnant because there is no guarantee that their caregiver will be well enough to care for their children and be active enough to do their various activities. If the woman ends up on bed rest or too sick to actively care for their children it becomes very hard to get replacement childcare. After all the time effort and money spent on hiring a caregiver from abroad most employers would want the caregiver to stay at least a year if not a whole lot longer. With a caregiver being pregnant she wII’ll at least need to take multiple weeks off and may never return to caregiving so you may only have a caregiver for 6-7 months.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
There are a few red flags in this application, in my humble opinion. You might need to prepare to be able to answer all of the concerns brought up in this thread as IRCC will be asking the same sorts of questions. It doesn't completely look like a genuine application for child caregiver, but I don't know enough about the process for this stream to tell you whether you'll run into trouble.

Reactions: canuck78

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
And adding , if she needs to take multiple weeks off , would she be covered by sick leave or maternity leave ? How would she pay her bills if she hasn’t put in the required 600 insurable hours in the preceding qualifying period ? She in theory could end up without pay for quite a long period . Are you going to continue paying her, if she isn’t working ? If yes, then that’s not a normal employee employer relationship. As well, is this an arms length relationship when it comes to EI ?
It’s family

vigneshrajag

May 24, 2020
Hi I'm a inland applicant, myself and my wife are currently in Canada, have submitted my application on jan 3rd and received sir the same day, my wife is 15 weeks pregnant at the time of submission. We informed the panel physician and deffered the xray. Submitted my application with deferral letter and received my aor. My processing time shows 80% complete with 35 days remaining to complete the application.
1) Will cic process all the remaining examination ? Or the application will be on hold ?
2) How long will it take after submitting the xray for my wife after giving birth ?
3) Does the processing time in our application login suggest that application is in progress?
4) Do we need to include the little one in our application as he/she will be born in Canada and a Canadian citizen?
What's the next step

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi I'm a inland applicant, myself and my wife are currently in Canada, have submitted my application on jan 3rd and received sir the same day, my wife is 15 weeks pregnant at the time of submission. We informed the panel physician and deffered the xray. Submitted my application with deferral letter and received my aor. My processing time shows 80% complete with 35 days remaining to complete the application.
1) Will cic process all the remaining examination ? Or the application will be on hold ?
2) How long will it take after submitting the xray for my wife after giving birth ?
3) Does the processing time in our application login suggest that application is in progress?
4) Do we need to include the little one in our application as he/she will be born in Canada and a Canadian citizen?
What's the next step
1. Yes, it will continue to be processed.

2. Given the pandemic delays, unknown.

3. That time doesn't mean anything.

4. No. Just update IRCC with the birth certificate.