+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnancy

LAa

Feb 5, 2019
Hello everyone,
I'm in need for help. We came to canada last year, we are from Mexico. We came running away from everything that's going on there so My husband is a student (he has an student visa) and I have an open work visa-permit. I've been working at a school all this time. We have two daughters, 2 and 3 years old. We are not entitled to Medicare, but I found out that I'm pregnant. It was not planned of course. Nor my kids or I have any kind of insurance.
What I need is if you can tell me if there's any way in which my pregnancy could get covered? Thank you

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hello everyone,
I'm in need for help. We came to canada last year, we are from Mexico. We came running away from everything that's going on there so My husband is a student (he has an student visa) and I have an open work visa-permit. I've been working at a school all this time. We have two daughters, 2 and 3 years old. We are not entitled to Medicare, but I found out that I'm pregnant. It was not planned of course. Nor my kids or I have any kind of insurance.
What I need is if you can tell me if there's any way in which my pregnancy could get covered? Thank you
Hi

Which province you are living
Closed and Open Work Permits. Temporary foreign workers who hold a valid work permit may be eligible for OHIP coverage. with little bit changes its same in every province probably

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/temp_foreign.aspx

you might not get initial coverage but it can cover all at time of delivery

there is no insurance which can cover pregnancy otherwise

Good Luck

LAa

Feb 5, 2019
Hi

Which province you are living
Closed and Open Work Permits. Temporary foreign workers who hold a valid work permit may be eligible for OHIP coverage. with little bit changes its same in every province probably

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/temp_foreign.aspx

you might not get initial coverage but it can cover all at time of delivery

there is no insurance which can cover pregnancy otherwise

Good Luck

Thank you!
I'm in Quebec. We are applying for residence actually but it could las a year.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
Since you've mentioned that you are already pregnant, there is only one insurance plan that offers Pregnancy Complications Insurance, which is a part of a regular Visitors to Canada Insurance Plan for Returning Canadian residents and Visitors provided by Manulife.
Such coverage is valid up to the 31st week of pregnancy and it will take care of the costs for pre-mature birth, bleedings, abdominal pain, miscarriage, etc.
That would be the only options that offers at least some coverage for pregnancy related treatment for an applicant, who is already pregnant.