+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnancy

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
im a filipino, recently residing here in canada, i sponsored my wife, daughter and son living in Philippines, i already have my PR, my family already gone for medical exams twice and their passport was already ask by the Canadian embassy but till now they are still waiting for their visas, but our problem is my 22y/o daughter got pregnant shes still depending on me , she's still single and going to be a single mom, then unexpectedly the Canadian embassy had gave them another form for them to have their 3rd medical exam bec. their previous medical exams got expired but they only require for chest x-ray and health status update. Even though she's pregnant she had gone to have chest x-ray with her consent and ob gyne consent and the panel doctor had reported that she's 7 month pregnant,. what possible thing can happened in this situation? can it cause delay for their visas? what if the baby will born in Phil? can visa immigration still gave them a visa as soon as possible for my daughter to gave birth here in Canada? or they will wait till she deliver before releasing their visas? what will happen pls help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what will happen but if the baby is born before they can land with their PR visas, the baby must be added to the application before they can land. Likely you will also have to prove that the daughter has full custody of the baby. Getting the visas in 2 months now and being able to land before the baby comes, I think is unlikely but if they do manage, you may have to worry about medical coverage of your daughter. Depending on your province, she may have a 3 months waiting time for health care as any new PR so if the baby is born in Canada in those first 3 months, you may have a big bill to pay because she is not covered.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
I don't know what will happen but if the baby is born before they can land with their PR visas, the baby must be added to the application before they can land. Likely you will also have to prove that the daughter has full custody of the baby. Getting the visas in 2 months now and being able to land before the baby comes, I think is unlikely but if they do manage, you may have to worry about medical coverage of your daughter. Depending on your province, she may have a 3 months waiting time for health care as any new PR so if the baby is born in Canada in those first 3 months, you may have a big bill to pay because she is not covered.
One other thing to keep in mind, if the baby is born prior to the visas being issued, then the sponsor will have to meet the LICO for sponsorship of her family. The sponsor no longer would fall into the exceptions in the Regulations

Exception to minimum necessary income

(4) Paragraph (1)(j) does not apply if the sponsored person is

(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has no dependent children;

(b) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has a dependent child who has no dependent children; or

(c) a dependent child of the sponsor who has no dependent children or a person referred to in paragraph 117(1)(g).

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
yajyaj said:
im a filipino, recently residing here in canada, i sponsored my wife, daughter and son living in Philippines, i already have my PR, my family already gone for medical exams twice and their passport was already ask by the Canadian embassy but till now they are still waiting for their visas, but our problem is my 22y/o daughter got pregnant shes still depending on me , she's still single and going to be a single mom, then unexpectedly the Canadian embassy had gave them another form for them to have their 3rd medical exam bec. their previous medical exams got expired but they only require for chest x-ray and health status update. Even though she's pregnant she had gone to have chest x-ray with her consent and ob gyne consent and the panel doctor had reported that she's 7 month pregnant,. what possible thing can happened in this situation? can it cause delay for their visas? what if the baby will born in Phil? can visa immigration still gave them a visa as soon as possible for my daughter to gave birth here in Canada? or they will wait till she deliver before releasing their visas? what will happen pls help.