+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy with Expired COPR

Istiaque_07

Dec 12, 2020
I need your help! Please guide us.

My husband is a primary applicant & after ITA he added me as accompanying spouse.

We are Approved permanent resident but our CoPR expired due to travel restrictions. So we requested for CoPR extension then last week IRCC sent us New medical request.
The issue is, I came to know that I am 6 weeks pregnant. So now-

01. Should I inform IRCC about my pregnancy?

02. Or without informing will proceed my medical?

03. I heard that If I inform Dr about my pregnancy then they will not proceed my Chest X ray which will hold my application untill my baby delivery. We already quit jobs for 8 months so we will be in trouble.

04. Now is it possible for my husband to proceed his medical alone & get PR.

I need your help. We actually want that-
If is there any issue with my pregnancy then my husband go alone in canada & later he will again apply for me & baby.
What is the solution? Please help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

My husband is a primary applicant & after ITA he added me as accompanying spouse.

We are Approved permanent resident but our CoPR expired due to travel restrictions. So we requested for CoPR extension then last week IRCC sent us New medical request.

03. I heard that If I inform Dr about my pregnancy then they will not proceed my Chest X ray which will hold my application untill my baby delivery. We already quit jobs for 8 months so we will be in trouble.

If is there any issue with my pregnancy then my husband go alone in canada & later he will again apply for me & baby.

1, No, CIC is not interested in the pregnancy, only if you don't "land" before the baby is born, then you must include the child in the application.
2. You and your physician decision is if you want to have an x-ray this early in a pregnancy.
3. So if you don't intend to complete the medical before the child is born, then you inform CIC.
4. No. You both must pass the medical.

Reactions: IeltsDream2019

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Urgent:Got a mail from IRCC asking to submit by remedicals by 30days.Between I am pregnant near my due date and may hit the hospital bed anytime.They have mentioned that I should inform the visa office if I am unable to do the remedicals.Two months back I have already raised a webform stating my pregnancy and IRCC responded asking me to submit my birth certificate and contact them once the newborn has arrived.What am I to do now.Confused

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Urgent:Got a mail from IRCC asking to submit by remedicals by 30days.Between I am pregnant near my due date and may hit the hospital bed anytime.They have mentioned that I should inform the visa office if I am unable to do the remedicals.Two months back I have already raised a webform stating my pregnancy and IRCC responded asking me to submit my birth certificate and contact them once the newborn has arrived.What am I to do now.Confused
Send another email indicating that the child still hasn’t been born and the due date of the child and start the paperwork to add the child to your PR application as soon as possible.

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Thanks for the updates.I have another quick question.If the primary applicant medicals is deferred due to x-ray part.Will the secondary applicants medicals be processed and updated.What will be the date of medicals for the primary applicant.The date after she does her x-ray part also??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the updates.I have another quick question.If the primary applicant medicals is deferred due to x-ray part.Will the secondary applicants medicals be processed and updated.What will be the date of medicals for the primary applicant.The date after she does her x-ray part also??
Assume that the 2nd medical will be processed.

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Bad situation... Got message from ircc to do remedicals.. booked for remedicals but unable to complete it as I ran into labour and gave birth.. post discharge now again booked medicals.. fully flooded here.. so not sure if I can make it up this time too! Between by Friday (12th Nov) the 30days timeline given by ircc will get over
Parallely I have raised webform stating I need additional time for medicals as I am admitted in hospital but no reply for that

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bad situation... Got message from ircc to do remedicals.. booked for remedicals but unable to complete it as I ran into labour and gave birth.. post discharge now again booked medicals.. fully flooded here.. so not sure if I can make it up this time too! Between by Friday (12th Nov) the 30days timeline given by ircc will get over
Parallely I have raised webform stating I need additional time for medicals as I am admitted in hospital but no reply for that
In general they seem to be forgiving about medical delays for good reasons (both your own and delays due to panel physicians being unavailable). Even more so with covid.

Let them know by webform and do them as soon as you can.

And worry less, stressing won't help anyone.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are unlikely to receive a response for a while. Would send a webform indicating when you have an appointment to do the medical and why it needed to be delayed.

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019

I am in the same situation. pls share your experience