+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy with COPR expired

Mdalhotra

Jan 23, 2023
Hello,
I have a question
This is my PR story:-
As I got PR in canada through canadian experience and at same time my wife got copr and visa stamped who was in India. (January 2022)

My wife couldn’t able to travel to canada due to pregnancy and
We blessed with daughter on February 2022.
We did Inform IRCC via multiple webform about re-issue PPR of my wife and adding daughter to same application.

We are getting same reply after every webform submission that says :-

“We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.
————————
*Even I called IRCC agent he said that my application is closed and need to apply for new sponsorship application.

What actually IRCC want me to do ? Please anyone suggest me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
*Even I called IRCC agent he said that my application is closed and need to apply for new sponsorship application.
I've no knowledge but also no reason to not believe what the IRCC agent said here.

If you wish, you could try asking your MP's office to help explain what situation is - but the answer may well be that the file is closed and need to apply to sponsor. I've also no idea whether it will be possible to 'reverse' the closing of the file and complete under your PR app - I'd guess that if it is possible it will be difficult.

Reactions: Mdalhotra

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I have a question
As I got PR in canada through canadian experience and at same time my wife got copr and visa stamped who was in India. (January 2022)

We did Inform IRCC via multiple webform about re-issue PPR of my wife and adding daughter to same application.

“We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.
————————

When did the COPR expire? You said it was stamped in January but there is usually at least a few months before COPR expires after that. When did you contact IRCC? If you contacted them inFebruary 2022 to add your child to the application, especially before COPR expired, you should have been contacted by now. Had you advised IRCC of your wife’s pregnancy during the sponsorship process?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Hello,
I have a question

————————

On which number to call the IRCC agent?

Mdalhotra

Jan 23, 2023
Copr expired in march 2022. We did inform IRCC in February 2022. Then we sent baby’s documents in april 2022 via webform.

Till march 2022 visa and copr was valid. We inform IRCC in February 2022.
Again when COPR expired we sent webform as in april 2022 we got our baby’s passport and birth certificate attached to it.
I contacted my local MP they talked to IRCC agent and got same reply that apply for new application. But in webform response it is said that my application is in process.. due to technical reason it may not be visible in my online account. I have doubt that IRCC agents are like customer care , they said what he see on my online account, they are not immigration officers.
Its been a year I don’t know my file is in process or not. Even I am thinking to apply new sponsorship application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would order GCMS notes. If file is closed it will likely be easier to reapply and faster to reapply. Would even suggest applying and not even waiting for the GCMS notes. You don’t want to waste anymore time. I would seek a refund for the PR fees if you can show that you notified IRCC that your wife was pregnant and after the birth of your child and requested that your new baby be added to the sponsorship application before COPR expired. You may need to get your MP involved. I would make a little dossier with the proof of the emails you sent to IRCC to add your child before COPR expired and notifying IRCC that your wife was pregnant. MP should be able to help you get a refund for PR fees. Did you notify IRCC that you wife was pregnant during the sponsorship process? This is a very strange situation. I have never seen an issue adding a baby to an application before the COPR expires.

Mdalhotra

Jan 23, 2023
Would order GCMS notes. If file is closed it will likely be easier to reapply and faster to reapply. Would even suggest applying and not even waiting for the GCMS notes. You don’t want to waste anymore time. I would seek a refund for the PR fees if you can show that you notified IRCC that your wife was pregnant and after the birth of your child and requested that your new baby be added to the sponsorship application before COPR expired. You may need to get your MP involved. I would make a little dossier with the proof of the emails you sent to IRCC to add your child before COPR expired and notifying IRCC that your wife was pregnant. MP should be able to help you get a refund for PR fees. Did you notify IRCC that you wife was pregnant during the sponsorship process? This is a very strange situation. I have never seen an issue adding a baby to an application before the COPR expires.
I already ordered GCMS notes on 1 December 2022 and it’s been more than 45 days Still waiting for it not received yet.
My application process was going through my immigration lawyer. The way he was guiding us we did it everything by trusting him blindly. He said we need to inform IRCC only when baby is born. So we didn’t inform IRCC about pregnancy before copr issues. We did informed IRCC when baby was born.

After waiting such a long time. I started contacting by myself to IRCC via webforms, calls and even consult MP.
Now I am just waiting for GCMS notes.I have sent reminder to them too. Next step will be depend on that..
Really appreciate the way you understand and your advice would be helpful . Thank you
I will also update here once I receive my GCMS notes.

Mdalhotra

Jan 23, 2023
I got this reply of webform

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding the COPR and updated information and have forwarded them to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

Furthermore, if you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've no knowledge but also no reason to not believe what the IRCC agent said here.
If only the person that a caller actually speaks with were truly trained in the topic that's being discussed.

Glad to see that, in this case, the agent was wrong.

Mdalhotra

Jan 23, 2023
Recently got webform response that my application is not in process. Ircc agent was right.
Even though I applied for new sponsorship application in February 2023.

vavinash1990

Feb 2, 2021
Recently got webform response that my application is not in process. Ircc agent was right.
Even though I applied for new sponsorship application in February 2023.
Oh, are you saying that your sponsorship application is also closed? and your family members can never come to Canada ?