+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy while awaiting PPR

Jan 16, 2020
Hi,

I am a resident of Saudi Arabia and currently waiting for PPR. My husband is the principal applicant. We have gotten ourselves in quite a predicament at this stage.

Soon after submitting medical and biometric, we found out we’re pregnant. The expected due date is 13 March, 2020.

At the moment, our application timeline says PPR is expected at around 12 weeks, i.e, December 30th, 2019. I am not sure how accurate that timeline is though. Assuming that we get the PPR by end of December or early January, I’d like to get some sense of direction and advice about how we should proceed thereafter.

As of yet, we have not updated our profile with this new development. My first question is if we should inform Visa officer about the pregnancy after PPR or shall we wait till after CoPR?

Ideally, we‘d like to deliver in Canada to avoid the hassle and delay but moving while pregnant with uncertain healthcare situation is a tough call to make.

We would like to know beforehand how soon can we get the possible healthcare if we land in January 2020 and which province would be most suitable considering our situation? What are the pre requisites to healthcare and PR card?

If we choose to inform about the pregnancy after PPR and were to deliver in Saudi Arabia, will our application be put on hold or will we be asked to submit the child’s documentation after it’s born? In that case, how long does it take for the child to get PPR?

Any advice and suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Hey,

Did you receive the PPR?

I am in a similar situation. I am a resident of UAE. I received my PPR and COPR in December 2019 and am due to have a baby in May 2020. Our COPR expires on 29th June, 2020.

I cannot see myself travelling to Canada to deliver the baby too as it would require both me and my husband taking a lot of time off work and losing pay. Plus the issue of medical coverage there and if we're not covered then paying out of pocket isnt feasible!

I have been reading about the option of informing the CIC about the birth when it happens (and that it is befoe the COPR expires) and am ok with waiting a couple of months for the new childs PR to be processed. However I was informed by my agent that one of us needs to be living in Canada to sponsor the newborn, and I do not want to split our family!

Do share your experience and any advice you receive on this matter!

Look forward to hearing from more people in similar circumstances and the outcomes.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey,

Did you receive the PPR?

I am in a similar situation. I am a resident of UAE. I received my PPR and COPR in December 2019 and am due to have a baby in May 2020. Our COPR expires on 29th June, 2020.

I cannot see myself travelling to Canada to deliver the baby too as it would require both me and my husband taking a lot of time off work and losing pay. Plus the issue of medical coverage there and if we're not covered then paying out of pocket isnt feasible!

I have been reading about the option of informing the CIC about the birth when it happens (and that it is befoe the COPR expires) and am ok with waiting a couple of months for the new childs PR to be processed. However I was informed by my agent that one of us needs to be living in Canada to sponsor the newborn, and I do not want to split our family!

Do share your experience and any advice you receive on this matter!

Look forward to hearing from more people in similar circumstances and the outcomes.
If you don't land and add the child after the birth and before COPR expiry, then there is no sponsorship. You will return your COPRs/visas, the child will be added to the app and all of you will be issued COPRs/visas together.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk
Are you an immigration lawyer, consultant? Do you provide legal services? How can I contact you?
There are no immigration lawyers or consultants on this forum, except for incompetent ones who come to ask questions. Lawyers/consultants charge for their services; they don't give them away for free on online forums.