+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy while applying for work permit visa

Houraa

Jul 5, 2013
Hi,
I'm a 5 month pregnant woman. I'm going to apply for work permit visa in the next month. I know visa process in my country takes at least 6 months. So obviousley my baby is born here. I just don't know what happens to his visa?? is a bewborn infant makes my visa rejected? How can I let the officers know that I am pregnant right now and my baby is borne before the visa issuance (I mean I have no intention to deliver my baby in Canada, besides it is also impossible!!!)

Thank you so much for your help.

Cheesecake_Eater

Mar 28, 2013
Hi, Houraa..

You can write a separate letter addressed to the Visa Officer that you are expecting a baby months after your application is lodged. You need to specify your intentions and be truthful to avoid complex problems in the future.

However, your health status will definitely reflect on your medical check with your designated medical practitioner.

HTH.

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
In what category are you applying for?Are you done with your medical?

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
I applied for Direct hire in Alberta, Canada and have already employer. I have already all the requirements sent to me by my employer to process my working permit. But the problem is, I've got pregnant! Is it possible that my situation can affect on my application? I'm not yet actually send my application right now and I need your advice what I'm going to do. Do I need to pursue my application even I am pregnant? Please, I need your help! Thank you...

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Hi there!Nothing to worry as long as your done with your medical..Its ok if you let them know right away after you deliver or when you are in the port of entry..Im pregnant when I do the speak test and medical and visa issued after giving birth..

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm really glad to hear your reply @notsniw817. I am actually not done for medical and not yet applied for my working permit til now because I'm little bit worried maybe they will refuse my application just because of I am pregnant. I am not yet also tell to my employer about my situation now because I really want to go Canada and it's my dream! Can I ask to you how many months for processing of working permit?

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Houraa said:
Hi,
I'm a 5 month pregnant woman. I'm going to apply for work permit visa in the next month. I know visa process in my country takes at least 6 months. So obviousley my baby is born here. I just don't know what happens to his visa?? is a bewborn infant makes my visa rejected? How can I let the officers know that I am pregnant right now and my baby is borne before the visa issuance (I mean I have no intention to deliver my baby in Canada, besides it is also impossible!!!)

Thank you so much for your help.

Houraa

Jul 5, 2013
Thanks for your reply,
I am Iranian and do not need the medical exams.
I applied on line and decided to let them know after giving birth to my baby.
My husband is going to apply for Sabattical later and my baby also will be included in his application.
How do you see our plan????
Do you have any suggestion???

Regards,

Cheesecake_Eater said:
Hi, Houraa..

You can write a separate letter addressed to the Visa Officer that you are expecting a baby months after your application is lodged. You need to specify your intentions and be truthful to avoid complex problems in the future.

However, your health status will definitely reflect on your medical check with your designated medical practitioner.

HTH.

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Are you applying for caregiver?

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hi,
I am to get my workpermit in few weeks , I have job offer and LMO positive.
My wife had applied for open work permit with me and we both will get visa together,

Now she is pregnant for 3 months ,
will they allow us to enter in canada?

Please help me..

thanks a lot,

Joey1988

Mar 6, 2014
@ scorpion181181, how did you get on with visas?

My husband has a job offer and we are going through the LMO process now to then apply for work permits, which will give me an open work permit (coming from the UK) we have just found out i am pregnant! Will this affect anything and stop us entering the country? We will be in alberta, and plan on applying for PR when we get there. Any help and advice appreciated!

mpeter

Aug 14, 2014
Hi I m in the same boat while I was expecting medical for this month I came to know that I m pregnant I am so stressed please tell me what should I do. My processing time z about to finish it's 12 month will I be able to pass medical with my pregnency .