+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Thank you again..but its not that i’ll not be back after it…i’ll again come back to canada after 4-5 months for pursuing my study..and there is no rule and obligation that says that we have to stay here only and can’t go back to our country to meet them..
Hopefully this will not be misinterpreted, just trying to give you more information to make sure you plan it right:

Be mindful that the Residency obligation for healthcare is completely different from the residency obligation for PR.
At this point, my understanding is that you recently got PR and landed, if that is correct there is really no point worrying about your PR RO.

With the significant costs associated with giving birth, it is however extremely important that you make sure you meet the Healthcare RO to avoid having to repay any of those bills (thousands and thousands of dollars). You will need to watch out not only for your personal healthcare RO (for the cost of the birth) but also of your baby's healthcare RO (for any cost related to his care before you move back to India for now).

Read carefully the rules specific to your province and make sure you do not move back to India without meeting that RO, it should be matter of months, so not a huge sacrifice, whereas paying back can be quite life altering...

After that you will have time to make plans to ensure that you meet your PR RO down the line.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you again..but its not that i’ll not be back after it…i’ll again come back to canada after 4-5 months for pursuing my study..and there is no rule and obligation that says that we have to stay here only and can’t go back to our country to meet them..
What province are you currently living in? I will show you what residency requirements you must follow to qualify for healthcare There are specific residency requirements in order to qualify to receive healthcare. A valid health card is not enough. In general, Canada only wants people living and paying taxes to receive healthcare and not allow people to fly in and receive healthcare and leave. Given the high cost of healthcare that makes sense.

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi, I have already applied for visitor visa for my parents in lieu of my wife's pregnancy in oct and have been waiting to give biometrics. Since biometrics in India are closed, I was planning to send them to Dubai. However, I got PHAC letter and I want to know if I submit PHAC, is biometrics not required? Any helo would be appreciated!!
Hi Can you please share your experience? did Biometrics required? Did you get the visa approved?

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi All, I am trying to apply Visa for my mother in Law. I verified online for her bio metrics status and it was mentioned that her bio metrics are still valid for another 10 years(this is her visa renewal as her passport expired).
I am trying to apply the PHAC form.
In the Letter of Required Support (PDF) and Site Visit Authorization Form (PDF) what should I mention in the field - Name of facility, location or service for site visit? Is it my home address ?
Can someone please advise .
hello , can you please help me what did you submit?
I was trying to fill this form and see after getting Letter of required support. can you pls confirm if it can be home address? thanks

chintan.mistry86

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Hi There, I just to my eCOPR on June 16th 2021, my spouse is still on WP, we have 6 year old daughter, and we are as expecting 2nd child in Jan 2022. I want to apply for parents visitor visa to support us during pregnancy, also for reunion as we haven’t seen them from last 2 years. Can your please help me out, how can I apply and what kind of letter I need to get from doctor.

D.benson

Jun 5, 2020
Question on this: if IRCC approves the visa after the PHAC expiry date. Can someone still show the PHAC at the border/travel with it or they have to apply for a new one?

thanks

D.benson

Jun 5, 2020
hello , can you please help me what did you submit?
I was trying to fill this form and see after getting Letter of required support. can you pls confirm if it can be home address? thanks
After letter of required support by Dr. I had to fill a site visit authorization form and i did it with my own address and signed. I made it clear that there is a secluded area in the home where the traveller will be quarantining.

hope this helps

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
After letter of required support by Dr. I had to fill a site visit authorization form and i did it with my own address and signed. I made it clear that there is a secluded area in the home where the traveller will be quarantining.

hope this helps
Unless you have a basement where there will be no contact or ability for the virus to escape from opening the door the quarantine location isn’t suitable.

rules87

Jul 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I’m in urgent need of advice. Myself and my husband are on workpermit in Canada, I’m pregnant. Can I apply my mother’s visitor visa so that she can provide care? She’s in India. How much funds will she show in her account? This is our first baby and we are by ourselves in Canada please suggest. If we can apply what will be the procedure? We have been to several agents but they’re all suggesting different things.
Hi, Did your mother get visa ? Can you please share the timeline as I am in the same boat. I applied recently for my mom.