+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy Rule as Per CHC???? Senior Can Help

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
I have personally not faced this issue. However, depending on when you get the approval, the visa officer might either issue a visa, or ask you if you want to wait till your wife delivers, or instruct you to wait till the delivery; and then send passport copy along with the form and fees of the new born. I would personally not advise you to travel if your wife is close to seven months of pregnancy.

SAM.BD

Apr 26, 2010
Due pregnancy is it mandatory to hold the Processign & will not issue Visa Untill baby born. I am the Applicant

BDSkilled

Oct 15, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2010

SAM.BD

Apr 26, 2010
Dear BDskilled,

Do you know that They Hold the Application. I have read your post. I ahve also got Same letter. What does it Mean??????

Samn

S

shibuya

sam my wife is 20 weeks pregnant . not informed chc. waiting for medicals. what is the procedure to follow.

ASMAFIR

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAM.BD said:
Will pregnant Applicant get VISA before Child Born. Medical Done with Pregnany State
Has your wife gone through the medicals?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is NOT mandatory for a Visa Officer to delay processing until a child is born if the medicals have been fully completed, including Xrays. If they were partially completed or not completed at all (because X-rays are not good for a fetus), then medicals will have to be completed after the birth of the child and the child added to the application.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
shibuya said:
sam my wife is 20 weeks pregnant . not informed chc. waiting for medicals. what is the procedure to follow.
u must inform chc for new born otherwise u may get visa nd also land but u child will not be able to get nationality or pr status later on. it is better of to infrom them now and wait a bit more than never

cabharatbhushan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Amritsar, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2010
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
07/05/2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
What is the procedure to inform the VO...is it simple letter or any forms have to be filed

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAM.BD said:
Will pregnant Applicant get VISA before Child Born. Medical Done with Pregnany State
If you have completed the medicals and there is nothing wrong otherwise , there is no reason to delay your visa.

If you are pregnant and waiting to do the medicals then there will be a delay as no one usually does Xrays on pregnant women. Then you would need to alert CIC and they usually hold off on medicals till baby is born and the baby would also have to do a medical test as well

if your baby is born in canada, the baby is automatically a canadian citizen. You only have issues if baby is born after you get your visa and before you leave for canada , then you have a problem

Big Mike

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAM.BD said:
Situations:

A. Is the pregnant applicant has not undergone medicals and your OB Gyne/doctor does not allow you to get Chest-Xray? - if Yes then

1. inform CHC about your pregnancy and expected delivery date
2. they will just inform you that your newborn will be added in your application after delivery and chest X-ray for pregnant wife done after delivery too.
4. After delivery, inform CHC of the delivery/childbirth
5. CHC will provide you with the Medical Request Form for the newborn and ask for payment of RPRFee for the newborn.
6. Get passport for the newborn
7. have chest X-ray for the mother and medical for the newborn
8. then normal process continues PPR, VISA etc.
9. Citizenship of the newborn will be the same as the mother, once the mother get citizenship so does the newborn.

B. If you already undergone medicals, then proceed as normal but Inform CHC about the pregnancy and expected date of delivery. they can assess when your Visa will be out and requests you to land BEFORE visa expires. If you choose to have the childbirth in any country other than canada, you will undergo process same in situation A.

cabharatbhushan said:
What is the procedure to inform the VO...is it simple letter or any forms have to be filed
- just normal email them, the email is stated on the 2nd AOR. We attached the OB/Doctor's advice not to continue with the Chest-Xray for the pregnant wife. We informed them that my wife is pregnant, for how many weeks, and the expected date of delivery and we wish to add the newborn after delivery.

We are currently experiencing the same situation as "A" so we have to wait till the baby is born before medicals can be completed and add the new born after childbirth as per Canada Embassy's email.

Hope this helps!

Congratulations on the Pregnancy!

BM