+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy & Medical (X-ray)

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I need a guideline on this subject matter. Unlike the old system where one is not required to undergo upfront medical, it seems to be mandatory with express entry. We are expecting ITA hopefully next draw, and spouse is 10 weeks away from delivery. It is probably not safe to undergo x-ray while pregnant. Is there a way of submitting application without medical?

The best option maybe to wait after baby delivery, but work permit expiration is also on the line.

Has anyone been through this? is anyone in similar situation? what did you do/planning to do?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PNPDirect

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although, i have no experience in thsi matter, I would rather talk to the doctor doing my medical exams as they would be extr careful of not causing a hrm to you. Iyou could also include an explanation letter stating that that XX.XX.XXXX id the due date of the baby and you would attach a medical XRay right after that. I'm sure no CIC is so merciless about these things.

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_lion said:
Although, i have no experience in thsi matter, I would rather talk to the doctor doing my medical exams as they would be extr careful of not causing a hrm to you. Iyou could also include an explanation letter stating that that XX.XX.XXXX id the due date of the baby and you would attach a medical XRay right after that. I'm sure no CIC is so merciless about these things.
Thanks for your wonderful suggestion. Hopefully, they would not put processing to hold if XRay is missing - my biggest fear.

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
When i did XRay for my medical , they asked me like 10 times is it possible that i might be pregnant. They do it different if person is pregnant. Just let them know at Xray and they will take of you

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
You can try:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMM5733E.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=987&t=4&utm_source=rss-help-centre&utm_medium=rss-eng&utm_campaign=generic

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nastasya said:
When i did XRay for my medical , they asked me like 10 times is it possible that i might be pregnant. They do it different if person is pregnant. Just let them know at Xray and they will take of you
Good to know it might be possible. Thanks for that!

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MONKUCHA said:
You can try:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMM5733E.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=987&t=4&utm_source=rss-help-centre&utm_medium=rss-eng&utm_campaign=generic
Thanks for the links. I came across them already, just needed know/how people dealt with it.

Cheers

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
pnpdirect said:
Hi Everyone,

I need a guideline on this subject matter. Unlike the old system where one is not required to undergo upfront medical, it seems to be mandatory with express entry. We are expecting ITA hopefully next draw, and spouse is 10 weeks away from delivery. It is probably not safe to undergo x-ray while pregnant. Is there a way of submitting application without medical?

The best option maybe to wait after baby delivery, but work permit expiration is also on the line.

Has anyone been through this? is anyone in similar situation? what did you do/planning to do?

My colleague had to have an xray whilst 8 months pregnant for her PR. She said the poor man doing the x-ray was horrified at the thought but she didn't have a choice, this was 5 years ago though, there might be different rules.
PNPDirect

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
pnpdirect said:
Hi Everyone,

PNPDirect
Most of the case they donot do X-ray for pregnant women . If doctor denied X-ray for your wife your case will be pending till cic get X-ray of your spouse. So only doctor will take decision on this matter.

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all for your input. I will get appointment for upfront medical, and the doctor can decide what is best.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pnpdirect said:
Thanks all for your input. I will get appointment for upfront medical, and the doctor can decide what is best.
Dear pnpdirect,

Can you please advise on the current status of your application? Under which Category you had done your medical? Is it Worker or Family-EDE or Visitor or Student?

Thanks in advance...

TigerPower

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawwa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
pnpdirect said:
Hi Everyone,

PNPDirect
Hi, I went through a similar situation. I received ITA on March 27th and submitted my application on April 2nd. I did the medical exam without the X-ray and successfully submitted the medicals. I gave birth at the end of April and literally the next day did the X-ray. So, overall I passed the medicals on May 11th. There were no issues with my application since it usually takes the medical clinic 2-3 weeks to submit the results. You should be fine ;)

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TigerPower said:
Hi, I went through a similar situation. I received ITA on March 27th and submitted my application on April 2nd. I did the medical exam without the X-ray and successfully submitted the medicals. I gave birth at the end of April and literally the next day did the X-ray. So, overall I passed the medicals on May 11th. There were no issues with my application since it usually takes the medical clinic 2-3 weeks to submit the results. You should be fine ;)
Dear TigerPower,

Are you the main applicant? If no, under which category you had your medical and what was the category for the main applicant?

Is it Worker or Student or Visitor or Family-EDE?

Please advise. Thanks in advance..

TigerPower

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawwa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Makolutus said:
Dear TigerPower,

Are you the main applicant? If no, under which category you had your medical and what was the category for the main applicant?

Is it Worker or Student or Visitor or Family-EDE?

Please advise. Thanks in advance..
Hi Makolutus,

Yes, I'm the main applicant under FSW. I qualified for both FSW and CEC but my ITA was under FSW.
I was actually on implied status when I did my medicals since my PGWP expired in February.

The doctor will wait until you submit the X-Ray to send the results to CIC but they will give you confirmation that you completed the medicals immediately. That is all you need to submit a complete application not the results themselves. Hope it helps!

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TigerPower said:
Hi Makolutus,

Yes, I'm the main applicant under FSW. I qualified for both FSW and CEC but my ITA was under FSW.
I was actually on implied status when I did my medicals since my PGWP expired in February.

The doctor will wait until you submit the X-Ray to send the results to CIC but they will give you confirmation that you completed the medicals immediately. That is all you need to submit a complete application not the results themselves. Hope it helps!
Dear TigerPower,

In your e-Medical Information Sheet what was your category for Upfront Medical? Is it Family-EDE or Worker or Visitor or Student ? Can you please confirm it... This is little urgent...