+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy disclosure while traveling to Canada

syedmalay2pak

Oct 1, 2017
Dear Bryanna

This is with reference to a multiple entry visa granted to me by Canadian Embassy for the period of 10 years w.e.f. 09/2017 to 01/2027. I would appreciate your assistance for a concerning issue that triggered in my mind before traveling to Canada. I am planning to attend the engagement occasion of my husband’s first cousin accompanied with my husband and In-laws that are also gathering in Calgary from Pakistan. The utmost concerned that brought me to write this thread is to seek a advice to visit Canada during my pregnancy. The dates of traveling is confined since my husband has to resume his ongoing classes of Post-Graduation .

Presently, I am 14 Week- Day 1 pregnant with single pregnancy whereas my due date is 22nd May 2018. Therefore, the tentative plan for traveling from Malaysia to Calgary is on mid March 2018 until end of March 2018 which would be my (29th Week- Day 5) until (32 Week- Day 4). Hence the duration for the travel is 20 days. At the moment, the condition is medically fit as per my Doctor.

I have no plan to deliver the baby in Canada and be leave Canada by 31st of March 2018, much before the expected delivery date which is May, 22 2018. Further to cover the risk of premature delivery we have a plan to take medical insurance (Manulife) coverage for premature delivery or any medical emergency. However they only cover upto 31 week as per their policy . any suggestions on other insurance.

Additionally to abide the guidelines of airline I will also submit the fitness certificate to travel the period as mentioned.
The purpose of this thread is to seek the necessary advice as admissible under the visitor visa policy.

• Should I seek permission from immigration. If yes from where ?
  • which insurance best suited for our case ?
  • would there be any objection from Immigration officer at the time of arrival ?
  • How to make sure I/O that we are not going to deliver the baby there but we will exit much before the due date ?
  • Is there any Policy of traveling in pregnancy and arriving to canada that we are violating ?

I look forward to your reply.