+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy / childbirth in Canada

Knar

Nov 1, 2014
Dear Friends,
Good day.
I received a letter that Immigration office is ready to issue a visa for me and my husband. I informed them earlier that I am pregnant.
Now they ask me if we want to go to Canada at this stage or to wait for the birth of our child in my hometown.

Now we are thinking...

Can anybody give me any information about the following questions:

1. How can we have any medical treatment if needed including medical consultation for pregnancy and in the future for childbirth or any health problem in general as the medical insurance will be effective only 3 months after our arrival.

3. Will the child be provided any social support (financial) after his birth? Or will we have any support from the Canadian Government (Immigration Service) taking into consideration that I am pregnant? Will my pregnancy give us any advantage in finding accommodation for example?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Bst rgds
Knar

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Knar said:
1. How can we have any medical treatment if needed including medical consultation for pregnancy and in the future for childbirth or any health problem in general as the medical insurance will be effective only 3 months after our arrival.

3. Will the child be provided any social support (financial) after his birth? Or will we have any support from the Canadian Government (Immigration Service) taking into consideration that I am pregnant? Will my pregnancy give us any advantage in finding accommodation for example?
1. You will be required to pay for any treatment before you have provincial healthcare.

2. There are child tax benefits that you can claim. There will be no support from immigration or special treatment in finding accommodation.

Knar

Nov 1, 2014
Thanks for your reply.
May be you know how much will be monthly tax benefits for a child?

Bst rgds

Knar

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
Knar said:
Dear Friends,
Good day.
I received a letter that Immigration office is ready to issue a visa for me and my husband. I informed them earlier that I am pregnant.
Now they ask me if we want to go to Canada at this stage or to wait for the birth of our child in my hometown.

Now we are thinking...

Bst rgds
Knar

where do u plan to land?

Knar

Nov 1, 2014
In my docs I mentioned Toronto. By the way can I change for example my landing place to Calgary??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Knar said:
In my docs I mentioned Toronto. By the way can I change for example my landing place to Calgary??
You can - but then you need to make sure you live in Alberta for at least 6-8 months after you give birth. Otherwise the province will go after you for abusing their health care system and you will be forced to pay back money for all of the services you used. The amount they make you pay back is always quite a bit more than you would have paid if you had just paid it yourself.

Knar

Nov 1, 2014
Thank you for your reply.
By the way do you know how much will be the monthly benefit for newborn baby??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Knar said:
No - I don't. However it's not enough to live on. If you google, I'm sure you'll be able to find this information.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Knar said:
It's depends of parents incoming but it's just a bit help

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/ccb/clcltyrccb-eng.html

Some provinces like Alberta provides Health care since landing, but medicines are not included unless you have private insurance or work insurance.

A huge advantage of giving birth in Canada is the baby will be Canadian by born, and can keep parents citizenship if your country allow it, so you don't need to sponsor him for PR

Inconvenients are lack ofor family and fiends here to help, dealing with a different health system, different culture... could be a bit challenging and expensive

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
You need to file wife's tax return and mark her unemployed or Housewife.

Then you will get $521.88 per month for Child benefit plus GST refund of $35 per month ..

Gregor.Samsa said:
It's depends of parents incoming but it's just a bit help

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/ccb/clcltyrccb-eng.html

Some provinces like Alberta provides Health care since landing, but medicines are not included unless you have private insurance or work insurance.

A huge advantage of giving birth in Canada is the baby will be Canadian by born, and can keep parents citizenship if your country allow it, so you don't need to sponsor him for PR

Inconvenients are lack ofor family and fiends here to help, dealing with a different health system, different culture... could be a bit challenging and expensive

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Knar said:
Dear Friends,
Good day.

Now we are thinking...

Bst rgds
Knar
Congratulations and good luck.
I understand from the comments below that you intend to land in Toronto and healthcare isn't available in first three months. But midwifery is free in Ontario regardless of the fact you have OHIP or not. (http://www.ontariomidwives.ca/midwife/q-a). Also there are many community healthcare Centres in Toronto who provide free healthcare to pregnant ladies without OHIP