NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
My wife is pregnant,due date June 2014.I will get PR visa in this month with jan 2015 expiry.
what option should i take?

1. travel alone in april(before the child's birth) and then my wife join me before her visa expiry(jan2015) and we sponsor the child(or will it be still possible to add him to family and get his PR visa?)

2.travel after child birth,get our visa cancelled,apply for child's inclusion,get new visa for all.but what if this process exceeds the expiry date of our medical and visa(jan2015).then will they extend the date or simply they will reject our application and Canad dream will end?

3.travel in april with wife and get deliver in Canada(Alberta).will i be able to get health card with in 15 days of landing as i dont have an address proof required for health card?even if i get a health card,i am planning to come back in july and then again go after one year,so 183 days out of one year requirement for helath card of alberta will not be met.can they charge me back the delivery payment for this?

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
sharmausct said:
My wife is pregnant,due date June 2014.I will get PR visa in this month with jan 2015 expiry.

1. travel alone in april(before the child's birth) and then my wife join me before her visa expiry(jan2015) and we sponsor the child(or will it be still possible to add him to family and get his PR visa?)

2.travel after child birth,get our visa cancelled,apply for child's inclusion,get new visa for all.but what if this process exceeds the expiry date of our medical and visa(jan2015).then will they extend the date or simply they will reject our application and Canad dream will end?

3.travel in april with wife and get deliver in Canada(Alberta).will i be able to get health card with in 15 days of landing as i dont have an address proof required for health card?even if i get a health card,i am planning to come back in july and then again go after one year,so 183 days out of one year requirement for helath card of alberta will not be met.can they charge me back the delivery payment for this?
Sir

Travel with your wife in April , get baby delivered - This is the only option

Stay blessed

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Don't do #1. If you do that you will never be able to sponsor your child for PR.

rajeeve6600

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
AOR Received.
October 2013
Med's Request
February 2014
Passport Req..
February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
By Jesus's grace , May 2014
scylla said:
Don't do #1. If you do that you will never be able to sponsor your child for PR.
Hi Scyalla,

Iam also in the same situation.
Can you please brief on the reason that we cant sponsor the child once we are landed in Canada as PR.
Your advice is much appreciated.

BR,
Rajeeve.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharmausct said:

1. Is more complex. You are proposing that you would land before the baby is born and your wife would seek to land after your baby is born. Therefore, your CoPR would not have the baby listed as a dependent and neither would your wife's. For you, that's no problem when you land. When your wife goes to land, however, her CoPR wouldn't be accurate since it wouldn't list her dependent. You would need to email the visa office and discuss in detail how/if your wife can land (her CoPR won't be accurate but they can't just add her dependent at the border since the baby wasn't declared at the time of application and therefore wasn't examined. However, since you, the principal applicant, already landed it may no longer be possible to amend your application and add the baby).
It wouldn't surprise me if in this scenario you end up having to sponsor your wife and baby (and just have to let her CoPR that doesn't list the baby) expire. Note that as a PR sponsoring his family, you would need to live in Canada throughout the process. The baby would need a tourist visa to try to join you as a tourist while you wait or you would need to live apart. Ditto for your wife if her CoPR inaccuracy means she can't land.

2. You would need to let the Visa Office know you had a baby (before any of you land). They will ask you to send back your CoPRs and passports so they can cancel the visas along with amended forms for your application that include your baby plus medical exam and photos. They will then examine the baby as part of your application and issue new CoPRs and visas (assuming the baby is admissible).

3. This works only if either (a) you were intending to move to Canada or (b) you pay out of pocket for the medical expenses if you aren't moving yet.

pandyalakulish

Star Member
Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/10/2013
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I am in same situation. My wife is pregnant now. She will deliver baby in month of October. I am waiting for visa. I am thinking for below option:

-> Travel to Canada before baby deliver and activate visa. Stay in Canada for one week and come back to India after applying for PR card. Then, we both are official Canadian resident. After that baby will deliver in India. After new family member add into family process for child sponsorship. Once get child visa again travel back to Canada on permanent basis.

Does this work or not?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pandyalakulish said:
I am in same situation. My wife is pregnant now. She will deliver baby in month of October. I am waiting for visa. I am thinking for below option:

-> Travel to Canada before baby deliver and activate visa. Stay in Canada for one week and come back to India after applying for PR card. Then, we both are official Canadian resident. After that baby will deliver in India. After new family member add into family process for child sponsorship. Once get child visa again travel back to Canada on permanent basis.

Does this work or not?
While some people have reported success getting their infant a tourist visa (or travel permit), others have reported being denied (since the baby will be living in Canada and not visiting) in which case the family has to remain apart while the family sponsorship goes through since the parent with PR that is sponsoring the baby needs to be living in Canada to be able to sponsor the child.

pandyalakulish

Star Member
Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/10/2013
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
OhCanadiana, Thanks for information.

Now I am thinking for another option:

-> Travel to Canada in month of June. My wife will stay in Ontario at friends or relative house until baby deliver. After 3 months pass she will get Ontario Medical Insurance. Meantime I will come back to India to complete commitment at job. After that baby will deliver in Canada so become Canadian citizen. Then, If I get a job then we will stay there, otherwise we all will travel back to India with PR status for US and Canadian Citizen status for baby.

I hope this works.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pandyalakulish said:
OhCanadiana, Thanks for information.

Now I am thinking for another option:

-> Travel to Canada in month of June. My wife will stay in Ontario at friends or relative house until baby deliver. After 3 months pass she will get Ontario Medical Insurance. Meantime I will come back to India to complete commitment at job. After that baby will deliver in Canada so become Canadian citizen. Then, If I get a job then we will stay there, otherwise we all will travel back to India with PR status for US and Canadian Citizen status for baby.

I hope this works.
Generally speaking, giving birth in Canada is wisest if you're moving to Canada since you'll avoid the headache of sponsoring your newborn or having the family split up.

While she doesn't have medical insurance, take a look at midwives. Several people over in the family class forum have reported using them (they are fully paid for by the government so the user apparently doesn't have to pay even before getting OHIP coverage). I'd research them before you land so your wife can get on any needed waiting lists.

Also, make sure you look at http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/ohip_eligibility.aspx for OHIP eligibility. It sounds like you are planning to move so hopefully you find a job and it works out. If not, if you move back shortly after the birth and they think you didn't really move, you might have to repay the medical expenses. I don't know the details on this, so it may help you to do a search in the family class side of the forum for background and also reach out to OHIP to confirm the details.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Depending on your financial ability to pay for medical expenses, go in April and deliver the baby there. If the long term desire is to settle in Canada, you wouldn't want your dream to be soured by needless complication and paperwork.

Once you are there, you may change your mind and not come back for the year you were planning to.

Good luck. Hope it goes well with the baby.

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
sharmausct said:

If it is too difficult to travel with your pregnant wife (most flights wont allow pregnant women over 7 months to travel- that means you have to travel to canada ~7 months into her pregnancy), and too expensive or impractical to stay in canada for ~4-6 months continuously, my suggestion to you will be as follows:

Go to canada and complete the landing formalities for yourself. Leave the remaining family members in India. In this case you will get the PR.

Once you decide to migrate to Canada you go first and spend some time job hunting. Once you become eligible to sponsor your family, apply for their sponsorship. In the meantime you should hopefully land in a good job, and you might have settled yourself in Canada. Then, bring your family.

Most people with no relatives in canada will be initially travelling with their family to complete the landing formalities and will send their family back until the main applicant finds a stable job/income. This process may take from ~6-12 months. You will also be doing the same thing but the other way around.

It will be good to do some research on applying for sponsorship and converting to PR at a later stage..

Other options discussed in the forum may also be practicable such as contacting the visa office in delhi and getting their advise on this situation of yours.

Whatever you do, please advise the forum so that others can follow on your footsteps.

Above is my suggestion and may not be the best alternative.. But thought i should share it anyways..

khtoyon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2010
Doc's Request.
19-07-2010 (give me 120 days for submission)
File Transfer...
25-07-2010
Med's Request
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-03-2014
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
01-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-08-2014
Dear All,
I & my wife got the Canadian Immigrant Visa June 18, 2014. We want to move to Canada August 03, 2014.

My wife was pregnant, when we did the medical she was not in pregnant that’s why visa office issue us visa. She is now in 03 month running and delivery date will be end of November 2014.

My questing is that, after reached in Canada Ontario in August, we need 03 months after Appling Health Card to get the free check up & free delivery.

If we don’t get the Health Card before my wife delivery date, what I need to do that time, because I hear that, pregnancy delivery expenses is so high in Canada if any person don’t have any Health Card.

So give me some advice as follows:

If there any Canadian govt. help, support regarding pregnant women
Or
Any organization give support do the pregnancy operation free, and other check up free
Or
Any hospital to give as installment basis payment.

Please give me advice me on that and give me some web link or organization / hospital name with phone number.

Need urgent help.

Thanks & regards.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khtoyon said:
Dear All,
I & my wife got the Canadian Immigrant Visa June 18, 2014. We want to move to Canada August 03, 2014.

My wife was pregnant, when we did the medical she was not in pregnant that's why visa office issue us visa. She is now in 03 month running and delivery date will be end of November 2014.

My questing is that, after reached in Canada Ontario in August, we need 03 months after Appling Health Card to get the free check up & free delivery.

If we don't get the Health Card before my wife delivery date, what I need to do that time, because I hear that, pregnancy delivery expenses is so high in Canada if any person don't have any Health Card.

So give me some advice as follows:

If there any Canadian govt. help, support regarding pregnant women
Or
Any organization give support do the pregnancy operation free, and other check up free
Or
Any hospital to give as installment basis payment.

Please give me advice me on that and give me some web link or organization / hospital name with phone number.

Need urgent help.

Thanks & regards.
Look into midwifery services. People have reported that those are free of charge in Ontario, for example. Also, speak with the hospital as others have reported getting discounts (e.g. the inter-province rate that they charge another province).

Good luck with the move, settlement, and birth!