cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
HI LEON THE MIGHTy

thanks alot for all your help to FSWorkers , its like wherever i go and put question in google search engine , I find you answering difficult detailed question !!!god bless you

just a quick question , If i land in alberta with my pregnant wife stay 2 months leave then come back to fulfill the 6month /year later , how would I prove this to health authoritiy ? do i usually notify them when i come back or they already know that !!!

also if i bring child in edmontun for 2 months then come back to calgary and stay for four months would this be ok or it should be 6 months /city

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
HI LEON THE MIGHTy

thanks alot for all your help to FSWorkers , its like wherever i go and put question in google search engine , I find you answering difficult detailed question !!!god bless you

just a quick question , If i land in alberta with my pregnant wife stay 2 months leave then come back to fulfill the 6month /year later , how would I prove this to health authoritiy ? do i usually notify them when i come back or they already know that !!!

also if i bring child in edmontun for 2 months then come back to calgary and stay for four months would this be ok or it should be 6 months /city

thanks
In case you ever get asked about where you stayed, you should keep some records of where you were living. A part of your proof of living in AB can actually be health records because with a baby, you are taking the baby to the pediatrician, the baby needs vaccinations etc. It is possible that you never get asked about this.

You can stay in any city in AB to fulfill the 6 months per year.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thanks alot Leon its much clear now

could Invite my mother in law to help us with pregnancy once we land OR i will need to waite until we get the PR card ?

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
Thanks alot Leon its much clear now

could Invite my mother in law to help us with pregnancy once we land OR i will need to waite until we get the PR card ?

thanks
You mean invite her to visit you on a visit visa? You sure can. Everybody has the right to apply for a visit visa, your mother in law too. However, if immigration believes that she is a risk of overstay, she will still be denied, invite or not. In order to help her odds, write a letter stating that you are inviting her to help with the birth of the child, that you are taking care of her financially while she is in Canada (show bank statement) and that she will return home on date x. Pick a date no more than 6 months after her arrival. Also state that she needs to return home again do to family obligations etc. If she is working, include a letter from her employer stating how long she is working there and that she has been given holidays and is expected to return to work on date x.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
thanks alot buddy , if she applied for a visit visa immediately after we land , what proof could i include with the letter that we are a permanant resident of canada ? from what i understand we need atleast 6 weeks until we get the PR card?

thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
thanks alot buddy , if she applied for a visit visa immediately after we land , what proof could i include with the letter that we are a permanant resident of canada ? from what i understand we need atleast 6 weeks until we get the PR card?

thanks in advance
Send a copy of your COPR.

IMRAN123

Jun 12, 2016
Ahmed Reda said:
Dear Mr. Leon and other friends,

Just a quick clarification regarding this subject, I have heard today from someone that to be covered for pregnancy operation fee in Alberta, my wife should be physically there for at least seven months! It seems for me a bit strange and would change all of my plan, if true?! Please advice. Appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks and best regards,
Ahmed Reda

IMRAN123

Jun 12, 2016
Re: pregnancy and health card in alberta,Dear Mr. LEON AND OTHER ABOUT STUDENTS?

Ahmed Reda said:
Dear Mr. Leon and other friends,

Just a quick clarification regarding this subject, I have heard today from someone that to be covered for pregnancy operation fee in Alberta, my wife should be physically there for at least seven months! It seems for me a bit strange and would change all of my plan, if true?! Please advice. Appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks and best regards,
Ahmed Reda

What about international students??
Suppose a female pregnant women student came to Alberta on student visa having 12 month student permit visa in the province of Alberta. She applied and obtained medical insurance coverage of AHCIP (Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan)

Government paid hospital bills for her pregnancy, delivery and other. After that due to personal reason if she is unable to continue her studies and wants to go back to her native country. As per law and regulation:

1) Is she bound to stay in Alberta for 12 months?

2) Will it be consider as fraud if she will leave before 12 months?

3) If she leaves, will she be liable to repay all medical bills paid by government (AHCIP) for her?

abenjee123

Jun 14, 2016
with reference to Mr. Leon's reply to Mr ahmed Reda:

Mr. Leon and others plz reply about following:

What in the case of international students coming from outside canada??

Suppose a female pregnant women student came to Alberta on student visa having 12 month student permit visa in the province of Alberta. She applied and obtained medical insurance coverage of AHCIP (Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan)

Government paid hospital bills for her pregnancy, delivery and other. After that due to personal reason if she is unable to continue her studies and wants to go back to her native country. As per law and regulation:

3) If she leaves, will she be liable to repay all medical bills paid by government (AHCIP) for her?

Your reply will be highly appreciated

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abenjee123 said:
with reference to Mr. Leon's reply to Mr ahmed Reda:

Mr. Leon and others plz reply about following:

What in the case of international students coming from outside canada??

Your reply will be highly appreciated
When you apply for health care in Alberta, the eligibility requirements say you must commit to living in the province for at least 183 days in a 12 month period so if she did stay for 183 days (6 months) or more, she would be fine.

If she stayed for less, they could theoretically backcharge her if they realize that she left before 6 months had passed. However, I doubt very much that she would be charged with fraud because she did arrive aiming to stay for 12 months.

A case of fraud would be more like someone who gets AB health and does not stay in AB for 183 days a year, then comes to give birth and then leaves again or someone who goes to AB to get first day health care and then moves to a province within 6 months that doesn't give 1st day health care such as Ontario or BC.

Naserwaleed66

Nov 21, 2016
Hello
We are planing to land on Ontario then move to Alberta for my wife school for the fist time
Is my wife eligible for AHCIP Or not ?
She will be studing in Alberta for one year.
Thank you in advance.

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
Hi,
I am a international student and my study permit will expire earlier than my due date. I will be applying for PGWP and I am not sure if my application will be approved or not. Can I be able to extend my Alberta health card while waiting for my result? My due date will be 3 months after my study permit expire.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You should call AHCIC and ask. My understanding is you need a valid permit (student, work, etc) in order to be covered. If you don't have that, you are not covered and will need to cover medical costs. There is no coverage if you have implied status from IRCC. You may be able to get reimbursed at a later date, but it isn't guaranteed.

AHCIP coverage does not continue with IRCC “implied” status

A designation by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada of “implied” status does not qualify you to maintain your AHCIP coverage. A new Canada entry document is required for your coverage to continue.

While waiting in Alberta for a new work*, study* or visitor* permit, or confirmation of permanent residency, you may be eligible for a one time only temporary extension of health care insurance coverage.

*Not all Alberta visitor permits qualify the permit holder for health care insurance coverage in Alberta.

You may wish to purchase Visitor to Canada Insurance, which is available from private insurance companies, if you are physically present in Canada but not eligible for AHCIP coverage

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for your response Buletruck. I really appreciate it. I already call AHCIC and they said if I submitted my application for work or study permit, I can call them and give them the reference or receipt from cic and they will give me 90 days.

irfanjan79

Dec 6, 2017
Hi Leone
I need some information.
I landed in canada on 3rd march 2015 as permanant reaident with family and stayed till 22 august 2015.
During this time my wife gace birth to a child.
We had to leave due to some peraonal reasons and have come back to Canada on 26 november 2017 for good.
We have now re-applied for healtg cards, however it has been couple of days and we have not recieved cards (applied on 27th november 2917