+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-test RQ transferred to St. Claire from Mississauga Office

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
I heard that pre-test RQs are normally processed at central facility and in GTA case its St. Claire. Is it true?
Does anyone have the same experience where their RQ was transferred to St. Claire after submitting to Miss or other offices. St. Claire is notorious for RQ processing delays...:((

I got RQ last month and submitted it to Mississauga office. and now waiting...

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
skhan123 said:
I heard that pre-test RQs are normally processed at central facility and in GTA case its St. Claire. Is it true?
Does anyone have the same experience where their RQ was transferred to St. Claire after submitting to Miss or other offices. St. Claire is notorious for RQ processing delays...:((

I got RQ last month and submitted it to Mississauga office. and now waiting...
Yes at the moment it seems all RQs are being assessed in St. Clair office. This is based on many reports on forums like here and we have no official evidence to prove it though, so any day this could change depending on internal CIC processes. At least so far, the trend is that your RQ will be assessed at St.Clair then transferred back to your home office for the next stage.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's scary, we can have a look at the google file how much delay does St. Claire compare to Miss

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Hmmmm... is this the general rule...OR with exceptions???

Anyone out there whose RQ was processed in anyother office than St. Claire???

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline in Signature. I got post test RQ in April. File is still Scarborough.

skhan123 said:
Hmmmm... is this the general rule...OR with exceptions???

Anyone out there whose RQ was processed in anyother office than St. Claire???

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
vinaypuri - yours RQ is pending for long time. I am sure you must have called CIC several times. Have they never given your any update on the status? Have you tried contacting other resources like MP, etc? Do you know why you got the RQ?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I call them once every Month ;) and I get the Same answer - your file is waiting to be assigned to an officer for review. I contacted MP's office, they advised that CIC Scarborough has 18 Months to review/assign an RQ once received.

So expecting some traction next year. I am also thinking, CIC's workload will reduce substantially once 4 out of 6 year rules takes effect in June 2015. So I definitely expect that we all will get cleared by July-Aug-Sept of next year.

sapguru said:
vinaypuri - yours RQ is pending for long time. I am sure you must have called CIC several times. Have they never given your any update on the status? Have you tried contacting other resources like MP, etc? Do you know why you got the RQ?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Thanks. I don't understand the rational behind such a long delay when a person is RQed. It seems the Citizenship Officer is the bottleneck in the process. Doesn't the regular application (with no RQ) get assigned to an Citizenship Officer?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC's processes are very moving target. Also, I am noticing CIC is trying to improve its stats, so for older apps or RQed one, they are delaying because they require more time.

They are processing rest in Just in time sort off.

sapguru said:
Thanks. I don't understand the rational behind such a long delay when a person is RQed. It seems the Citizenship Officer is the bottleneck in the process. Doesn't the regular application (with no RQ) get assigned to an Citizenship Officer?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Yes, I am hoping too..

I guess I will visiting this forum for a long time every day or every hour..

I sent my RQ docs to Mississauga office last week.

Is the Mississauga office better than Scarborough office to process RQ? Doesn't the RQ info get transferred to St Clair's for further processing or rather collect dust?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You never know, your RQ may get processed quickly!.

sapguru said:
Yes, I am hoping too..

I guess I will visiting this forum for a long time every day or every hour..

I sent my RQ docs to Mississauga office last week.

Is the Mississauga office better than Scarborough office to process RQ? Doesn't the RQ info get transferred to St Clair's for further processing or rather collect dust?

ajaymetha

Aug 15, 2014
I am still waiting. Timeline is as follows:

Applied: May 2011

Processing: Dec. 2011

Pre-test RQ: April 2013

RQ Submitted: May 2013

No response after submitting RQ. As per last ATIP dated Oct. 10, 2014, all backgrounds are expired. QRC verification was completed positively in Sep.2013, however, no one had bothered to touch my file after this date.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Your time line and mine is same. RQ submitted April 2013 since than I have

order two atip report showing nothing....

total waiting time now since I have applied 35 months.

every day call same response, CIC call office inform that have to wait

until December 1st, 2014 and than they will contact the authority for follow up.