+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre March 18th 2020, Expired COPR holder applicant

Dipanwita-S

Jul 10, 2021
I got my PR approved in Dec 2019 when I was in Canada. I came to India after that on basis of my COPR and PRV visa and got stuck during pandemic. Both my COPR and PRV has expired on July 2020 and CIC reversed my status from PR to foreign national. They recently contacted me and gave a travel visa link and told to contact landing unit once I re-enter Canada. But didn’t mention to renew any of my documents.
Can I travel on Visitor Visa? Do I need to restart my PR application once I re-enter Canada? Is it a risky way to enter Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got my PR approved in Dec 2019 when I was in Canada. I came to India after that on basis of my COPR and PRV visa and got stuck during pandemic. Both my COPR and PRV has expired on July 2020 and CIC reversed my status from PR to foreign national. They recently contacted me and gave a travel visa link and told to contact landing unit once I re-enter Canada. But didn’t mention to renew any of my documents.
Can I travel on Visitor Visa? Do I need to restart my PR application once I re-enter Canada? Is it a risky way to enter Canada?
This is confusing did you land or not? Just want to clarify that you are the holder of an expired COPR for a PR application. You also say that your status was reversed from PR to foreign national which doesn’t make a lot of sense. What type of PR application did you apply for?