AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Taking a break from checking my mailbox for my COPR documents :mad: to ask about landing and all that stuff..

(Apologies if i should be posting this in other sections of the forum!)

Question 1... I have a pretty good amount of savings in the UK that i want to bring here to use as a deposit on a home (partner will be on the mortgage not me but anyways that's a different story..i want my money to be in Canada!). When i land do i have to mention that that money will "follow" me at some point. When i land to activate my PR it will either be downtown in an office or at a land border (Watertown or Ogdensburg) so i wont be physically bringing in the money. Is there anything i should be doing regarding that? Am i going to get taxed or anything on that money (i posted in finance section of forum but it's sleepy in there!)

Question 2.. I don't really have "goods to follow". I have been in Canada a long time. I DO still have a few bits and pieces at my Mum's in the UK that i plan to bring here but it's thing like bedding, some kitchenware bits like bowls/mugs...nothing like a TV, furniture etc. I would be bringing these bits and pieces in my luggage on my return from a visit to the UK in the future at an undecided time.

Any help much appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Taking a break from checking my mailbox for my COPR documents :mad: to ask about landing and all that stuff..

(Apologies if i should be posting this in other sections of the forum!)

Question 1... I have a pretty good amount of savings in the UK that i want to bring here to use as a deposit on a home (partner will be on the mortgage not me but anyways that's a different story..i want my money to be in Canada!). When i land do i have to mention that that money will "follow" me at some point. When i land to activate my PR it will either be downtown in an office or at a land border (Watertown or Ogdensburg) so i wont be physically bringing in the money. Is there anything i should be doing regarding that? Am i going to get taxed or anything on that money (i posted in finance section of forum but it's sleepy in there!)

Question 2.. I don't really have "goods to follow". I have been in Canada a long time. I DO still have a few bits and pieces at my Mum's in the UK that i plan to bring here but it's thing like bedding, some kitchenware bits like bowls/mugs...nothing like a TV, furniture etc. I would be bringing these bits and pieces in my luggage on my return from a visit to the UK in the future at an undecided time.

Any help much appreciated!
1. No, you don't mention the money and no, you won't be taxed on it. Keep records of where the money originated.

2. I wouldn't bother with the form. Little stuff coming in your regular luggage, CBSA probably won't care.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
1. No, you don't mention the money and no, you won't be taxed on it. Keep records of where the money originated.

2. I wouldn't bother with the form. Little stuff coming in your regular luggage, CBSA probably won't care.
Thanks @canuck_in_uk That is what I thought.

NicolasHenri

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018

hello @canuck_in_uk ,

In my case, I will only ask by bother-in law to send our clothes & personal stuff ( a couple of boxes) through a courier "after I do my landing " in Manitoba or once my home address will be finalized. This means it would be a few weeks/months after I arrived and find a place to rent .

Is there any issue if our stuff will come a few months after our landing?