+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-arrival settlement services

manavmudgal

Sep 9, 2017
Hi

I am sure all of you who has received PR visa and COPR must have received a booklet detailing agencies providing pre-arrival services. Has anyone availed these services? If yes, what exactly is included in the pre-arrival services? Also, how much fees do they charge?

Milsrome

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
CA
LANDED..........
July 2017
Hi

I am sure all of you who has received PR visa and COPR must have received a booklet detailing agencies providing pre-arrival services. Has anyone availed these services? If yes, what exactly is included in the pre-arrival services? Also, how much fees do they charge?
Hello there.. these pre-arrival services are free services as it is funded by the Government of Canada. If they are asking for a fee then that is not legit. You can find at the website of IRCC - immigration refugees citizenship Canada the 24 list of pre arrival services the Canada govt funded you can google Get Help before arriving in Canada - Pre Arrival services and you can see list and the services these pre-arrival provides. CIIP and SOPA-Settlement Online Pre Arrival are partner in providing information to immigrants to Canada. SOPA are offered in different provinces in Canada and is totally online. You will talk with your Intake counselor for your settlement needs and employment. You will have the chance to enrol to the 5 free online courses that are employment focus. Go to the website www.arriveprepared.ca and you can see the success stories of their clients

Reactions: kaegon

manavmudgal

Sep 9, 2017
Hello there.. these pre-arrival services are free services as it is funded by the Government of Canada. If they are asking for a fee then that is not legit. You can find at the website of IRCC - immigration refugees citizenship Canada the 24 list of pre arrival services the Canada govt funded you can google Get Help before arriving in Canada - Pre Arrival services and you can see list and the services these pre-arrival provides. CIIP and SOPA-Settlement Online Pre Arrival are partner in providing information to immigrants to Canada. SOPA are offered in different provinces in Canada and is totally online. You will talk with your Intake counselor for your settlement needs and employment. You will have the chance to enrol to the 5 free online courses that are employment focus. Go to the website www.arriveprepared.ca and you can see the success stories of their clients
Thanks for the detailed information.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
This is great! I didn't know about this website. Bookmarked!

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Wanted to check if its ok to sent the COPR copy to these pre-arrival services? I have been asked to sent a copy by one of them. Please advice

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Wanted to check if its ok to sent the COPR copy to these pre-arrival services? I have been asked to sent a copy by one of them. Please advice
I think they use the data/statistics they gather (e.g. verified UCI, etc of their participants) to request for funding from the government. I gave mine to the pre-settlement services I attended online and on-site.

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
I think they use the data/statistics they gather (e.g. verified UCI, etc of their participants) to request for funding from the government. I gave mine to the pre-settlement services I attended online and on-site.
Hi @angelistamaria thanks for the reply. so its should be ok to give them the COPR copy right. which agency you attended? Hope it was useful. I am planning to go with JVS

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi @angelistamaria thanks for the reply. so its should be ok to give them the COPR copy right. which agency you attended? Hope it was useful. I am planning to go with JVS
I think the COPR copy is fine. I attended the following:
on-line: prepareforcanada.com webinars
on-site: Canadian Immigrant Integration Program aka CIIP (newcomersuccess.ca) classroom-type sessions hosted in my home country